Hello Guys :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by TheScotchEgg, Aug 4, 2014.

1. TheScotchEgg

TheScotchEgg New Member

Hello Guy's and Girls

Looking to start learning Window's Server 2012. I currently work in IT on a 2nd line help desk, my job is a mix of managing users and computers in active directory and Microsoft exchange with a little bit of desktop support thrown in the mix for good measure.

My aim is to get onto the Server Operations team and gaining a certificate in Window's server 2012 would tip the scales in my favour. If someone would be kind enough I have no idea where to begin, what courses would I need to take, who's the best training provider?

I'm going to have a search around the forum threads now so I'll probably find my answers there,

Thanks in advance

Jake :)

WIP: Window's Server 2008/2012
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi and welcome to CF!

Its not very often that I pop by here any more, but I have today and thought I'd wish you a welcome!

You've more than likely found what you were looking for by now, but if you have ant questions then you're in the right place. Some real knowledgeable folks pop by here.

TheScotchEgg likes this.
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What server operating systems are the Ops team supporting just now? Server 2012 certs would be helpful.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    TheScotchEgg likes this.
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi and welcome to CF, glad to have you a part of this community :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    TheScotchEgg likes this.
  5. TheScotchEgg

TheScotchEgg New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys!

As for the server's sparky, its mostly 2008 with a limited number of 2012 as far as I'm aware, my confusion stemmed from a few people at work some on the ops team and some on third line with different opinions in what cert/s I should be aiming for.

Again, thanks for the welcome :D

WIP: Window's Server 2008/2012