Hello Guys

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Darkchild, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Darkchild

Darkchild New Member

Hello guys.
    Decided to go towards the part in achieving MCSA. I'm gonna self study because I dont believe in those companies that offer training for so much money.

So i need help in resources and path in achieving this. What exam(s) and study guide(s) do I need to do first towards the MCSA route and getting my first IT job.

And if someone could please just list out the path to getting this.

Cheers Guys
    DC.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

First place to start would be Microsoft's own site. As that will tell you the exams combinations that you'll need.

Next materials that, in my opinion, you'll need/will help you:

1. CBT's: I've used Learnkey, CBTNuggets, Testout & Trainsignal for various MS exams. I rate them in that order also, but that's just personal choice/experience.

2. Books: I've always used a minimum of 2 books to go hand in hand with the above CBT's, these include books from publishers like: Sybex, MSPress, Syngress & Examcram.

3. Practice exams: Vendor's that I recommend would include: Preplogic, Transcender & Boson.

- Stay away from braindumps as you can be decertified from using them, banned from future exams and can face legal action...

4. Experience... These exams/certifications aren't there as a subsititute to experience, they are they to compliment it. Build your lab, your virtual machines, use what you learn at work/bring your experience from work to the studying plate...

I would strongly recommend doing the Comptia A+ & Network+, followed by the MCDST first of all. The Comptia exams as they are vendor neutral and do not expire, the MCDST as they will ease you into the way Microsoft exams are done.

Hope this helps :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Darkchild

Darkchild New Member

Cheers Mate, really helpful info there.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA