Hello, Good evening and Welcome..........!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by booty69, Jan 15, 2010.

1. booty69

booty69 New Member

I need some help with my decision making, my apologies if this is not really the right place to ask for help.

I have over the the past several months decided to undertake the route to move across from sales into the IT industry. I am " a little" computer literate (OK with the easy stuff etc) and I'm wanting to eventually move to Digital Forensics as my goal.

I've looked through the site at various posts and have seen several comments referring to how pointlkess an MCSE qualification is if you have no experience.

Now I'm sure there are many of you who have entered this area (certainly MCSE) but would like to ask for advice on the best (and quickest) route for getting to a suitable role.

It's a bit wacky you might think, but what jobs should I be looking for to start me off.

Many thanks in advance folks.

Paul.

2. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi Booty

Welcome to the forums!

Well as you are looking at moving into the IT industry, the sort of roles you should be looking for are traditionally 1st line support desk roles. This will provide you with experience at troubleshooting desktop environments like Windows XP, Vista, 7.

I would forget about the MCSE for the moment. Start with the MCDST or CompTia A+ then N+ certifications (although they have just announced that candidates have to recertify after 3 years, so IMO, starting with the MCDST is better)

Hope this helps and good luck with your studying