Hello Forum!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by vik11, Feb 16, 2009.

1. vik11

vik11 New Member

Hi all, I'm Vik (my web alias).

In the real world i'm 25 with an HND in BIT (I had my reasons for not completing the degree, so don't assume I was one of them lazy students or that I wasn't academically bright. In fact I didn't find the course very challenging at all).

About six months back I was the happiest guy around. I had left my call centre job and went out to India for about four months (it's not as exotic as it sounds. I didn't travel much and it was mostly business and family). Coming back home to the UK I spent four months applying to jobs in the Midlands that I was suitable for and I wanted to get into but had no luck. And then in August I was offered a position as a Software Tester and they were going to train me up for the ISEB cert and I saw my light at the end of the tunnel. Happy days at last I thought. But even that went down the pan as did any other good opportunity that came my way. I said no to Atos Origin, the company recruiting me, as I would have had to relocate (it was based outside my commutable area) and my family had issues about that. So to keep them happy I compromised yet again and now I have been unemployed for about 9-10 months.

So now I'm branching back out into the call centre industry to just to get working again, as being unemployed sucks and is very boring and degrading. Meanwhile I'll maybe look into joining some training company to up my qualifications, which brings me here today.

So that's my story.

If you got to the end of that, thank you for reading and considering my 'feeling sorry about myself' attitude. However I'm human and this situation, as millions will appreciate during this time, comes naturally. And as I do realise this, I am making efforts to crawl out of my shell and get back out there as its no good feeling like this.

Anyway I'll see you guys around the forum.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Just keep on applying, there are plenty of us here who took a while to get into IT as well as plenty of us here who are trying to either get back into IT/get into IT (and not to mention those of us already in IT) :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to the forum- keep your head up- you'll find work eventually!

5. vik11

vik11 New Member

Thanx all, I'm trying to find that same enthusiasm I had about finding work as I did 10 months ago where my mind was only concentrated on applying to jobs and I somewhat enjoyed the challenge. Now I'm quite mentally tired and one could say messed up. However Like you guys have said, and I realise, I need to hang in there.

Thanx again.

6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!