Hello Folks

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by The Gamekeeper, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Why not start the self study now, whilst your off sick, see if you can get the A+ out the way, spend the time looking at the current job market for entry level jobs to see the benefits and salary that goes with it. ...and then decide whether it is suitable/or not for you

2. The Gamekeeper

The Gamekeeper New Member

Found this site;

http://www.proprofs.com/certification/comptia/a-plus/index.shtml

May be of use.

What you think?

3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Sure it has information that could be of use but I would still recommend the "Mike Myers, All-In-One" for theory and PC Technician Street Smarts (By James Pyles) for the A+

I understand 100% that you will find it hard dropping down to the approx £14k per year range, but I don't personally think an I.T career would suit you. Most people who succeed in I.T are passionate about what they do, and thrive on learning new technologies, and for us who have just begun our I.T careers, are living proof that it aint as easy. I'll hold my hand up, when I first arrived here I was considering going with a Training Provider for the MCSE, because I thought it amazing to start an I.T job on £30-£40k until I browsed these forums and took a more realistic path. The advice you have been given is golden, and even if you decide to go against it and go for the CCNA, we are just trying to look out for you and your best interests.

WIP: MCDST