Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by catlady3545, Feb 21, 2006.

1. catlady3545

catlady3545 New Member

Hey,
    Can anyone tell me if they have gone through the full experience with Skills Train. I had a rep come out this afternoon and I thought it all sounds a bit dodgy. I do not want to hand over any money until I can find out more.
    Thanks for helping.

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

Welcome aboard. If you take a look in our Jobs and training forum and search for keywords you should find more information.
    Whenever you are about to hand over a large amount of money it is best to take your time to think about it and do your research first.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings :biggrin

Take a look in our Training and development forum,im sure you will find lots of useful information in there.

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well let me be the first to say HI and welcome to the forums. Im a newbie here like you but have already found this site to be a wealth of info.
    I have no personnal experience of Skillstrain but try looking at these threads as this topic is covered lots on here.

http://www.certforums.com/forums/thread3709.html
    http://www.certforums.com/forums/thread9205.html
    http://www.certforums.com/forums/thread7453.html

What were you planning on studying with them any hoo? I did a Comptia a+ thru my local college with only cost me a subsidised exam fee of £100 as i was unemployed at the time.
    I am now doing the Comptia Network + cert thru a combination of self teaching and using Learndirects ICT network course. While thier material isnt quite up to date (no win2003 or xp) it does cover most of the content for net+ and whats not covered im filling in with the Mike Meyers Network+ passport book. Again im getting the Learndirect course free but will have to pay the £154 for the exam. (the course is around £200 or so if you have to pay full price). All this is a lot cheaper than Skillstrain or any other Training Company thats advertised on TV. Plus beware of anyone guaranteing you a job upon completetion of training with them..... Theres always a catch so look in the small print.

Well hope that helps you somehow.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

welcome to CF!! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hello!!! :biggrin

7. catlady3545

catlady3545 New Member

Thanks, I have now decided to go through the local college myself now. I want to train as an accountant (god that sounds boring). If I do all the courses I want to do then it will take about five years, that was the lure of skills train. They get you through what they call the same or equivalent exams in five months. Oh well, a bit of hard work never hurt anyone.