Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by robbie_e24, May 26, 2005.

1. robbie_e24

robbie_e24 New Member

Just a quick hello!

First post and a little nervous!

I am planning to go the MCSE route into I.T,any advice about the learning process?

I here and see these training courses on T.V and Newspapers
    (computeach and advent)I feel they might be expensive!!

Would it be a good choice to work through the courses and exams off my own back?

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

WIP: MCE
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hiya Robbie, and welcome aboard.

There are many answers and opinions already here to your questions. Have a browse around the relevant Forums to start with m8, and if anything isn't already answered, then pitch in. Other than that, enjoy :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. robbie_e24

robbie_e24 New Member

Will do, thanks for the reply!

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Robbie. Welcome to CertForums. I agree with Gav on this one. It's a pretty common question and you can search our forum for relevant keywords and find numerous threads that will provide much advice and information.

Generally, the more experience and aptitude you have in an area of study, the more likely self-study will succeed, especially as you advance to more complex topics. If you know little or nothing about Microsoft Enterprise networks, networking in general and working with PCs, operating systems and application software, you might be better off using some sort of training provider.

Let us know a bit about your background and what it is about the MCSE certification path that attracts you. We'll be glad to help. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings robbie_e24 :D

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  6. robbie_e24

robbie_e24 New Member

My background is as follows:

Left school with a few exam passes under my belt and started work with a small local computer company refurbing second user pc's,mainframe,printers and so on(10-12 years ago)

Then moved into a stock control position!!

And for the last 5 years i have been a service engineer for a local vending company!In which i deal with alot of customers in i.t based industries and through talking to quite a few people, with the type of hands on work that i do and have done that is what i have been advised to look into!

Does that make sense?

I have just bought a book on comptia A+ by Mike meyers and have just started to work my way through it just to get e feel for i.t again!

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

As you probably already know, PCs have changed significantly in the past decade or so. The Meyers book will provide you with a good foundation for the A+ and I expect with your background, it will be a bit like learning how to ride a bicycle again after a long hiatus.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685