Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Soliton, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Soliton

Soliton New Member

What's up everyone?

I have been lurking on the forums for the last few hours, trying to learn more information to help me in getting into the IT Field. I'm 21 currently, and have run a successful part-time IT business for the last few years, but it is time for me to enter the field. I currently am A+ certified, and am working on becoming CCNA and MCSE certified in the next few months.

Hope to learn a lot from you all!

2. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF!

Congrats on your A+ and experience with running the part-time IT business. Are you going to do your Network+ and/or Security+ before the other certs you mentioned? I presume the part-time IT business was your own and you were self employed. Do you have any other experience working in the IT industry?

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums, good to see you here. :)

Where are you from?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. Soliton

Soliton New Member

Thank you. I am going to do the Network+ and Security+, but I figured I'd go to a CCNA first, since I am familiar with the CCNA's objectives already. Yes, the IT business was my own, and that is all the working experience I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! :)

I was originally born in Portugal, but I currently live in Pennsylvania, USA.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  5. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+