Hello everybody!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by OLIgarchic, Sep 4, 2005.

1. OLIgarchic

OLIgarchic New Member

Hi

Just wanted to say a quick hi to everyone and also that although I haven’t had chance to have a proper in depth look at this website, on the surface and what I have seen so far it looks fantastic and I think it could be very useful for me as I am sure it has others. Good job to whoever is responsible!

Anyway quick intro.

I have been working as a PC workshop repair manager for approx. 4 years. We fix both domestic and business computers but mostly deal with the domestic side.

I am interested in furthering my career and have been looking into both the CIW and MCSE qualifications.

Now I find myself here. :D

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :)

3. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF from me too...I hope you get as much out of the site as I do, plus a few good laughs too!:)

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi OLIgarchic - thanks for the kind words (SimonV is the man behind this place). Welcome aboard, and hope we can help :)

oh, and feel free to help out where you wish as well :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi Oli,

Welcome to CF. Do you work for yourself or are you employed by someone?
    Good luck with your certs- you have plenty of experience to go with them. :D

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. OLIgarchic

OLIgarchic New Member

I work for a small IT support company.

I do have a quick question. Hope I'm ok to post it here and if not then my hand will be held out ready for the slap on the wrist! :)

I have had a quick scan over what is involved in the CIW foundation exam and consdering my experience and current degree of knowledge I wondered if I would be able to get away by buying a book (or two) and studying them before taking the exam. If it is not advisable then sombody please do say. I'm just thinking of my finances and some of the courses are expensive.

Thanks for the nice welcoming guys! Will help where and when I can.