Hello Certforum

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by kcos0320, Dec 30, 2013.

1. kcos0320

kcos0320 New Member

Hi Everybody on CertForum. I am new to the forum and I would like to learn the best way to pass Security Plus.

Currently I have a job with a major IT company as a Help Desk Analyst, but there is no room for advancement at my current location. I would like to move up in the IT world, so in the past year I have obtained my A+, Network +and striving to pass my Security + in the next couple of weeks. I would like to know of any ideas on how to pass he security plus exam So far I have tried to use Measure up Security Plus, Various Security Plus Test Preps on the Google Play store, but I feel they are not all effective. I am using Darrial Gibson Security Plus Book and software, Sybex Security Etest Prep and also Mcgraw Hill Security Plus book. Anymore test preps would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +
    WIP: CompTIA Security +
  2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to the forums! Garden Grove eh? I lived in Santa Ana for a little while...

It seems like you have quite a bit of material to prepare you for the exam. Measure Up exams are usually pretty good but if you have the cash to shell out, Transcender is good too. IMO, your best bet would be to get onto the comptia website and download the objectives (if you have not already) and just go down the list making sure you are comfortable with each objective.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc