Hello, and Help!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Sheargold, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Sheargold

Sheargold New Member

Hi All

I am a new member, and was wondering if any of you guys could give some advice -PLEASE!

I am currently exploring the world of IT courses/qualifications. I am looking to change career and would like to go into the IT profession.

I have been looking at Comptia courses with a view to progressing onto the MCSE. I have come across a few companies such as Skills Train, Computeach, Advent, Joskos, and Openittraining.com/Microsoftuk.co.uk but it seems to be a complete mine field out there in terms of reputable and trustworthy firms most of them don't seems to have brilliant reviews (naming the first 4 mentioned)

I currently work full time so the home learning option really suits me, Openittraining.com/Microsoftuk have offered me a really attractive package basically I would be looking at around £2k for comptia, mcse, and sharepoint. They say that covers full training materialS, tutor support, exam costs, 24 month licence etc......

The package seems too good to be true, so I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these companies because I'm struggling to find any reviews?? Are they legit?? Can anyone recommend good training providers that they have used or are currently using??

Any help with this is really appreciated and greatly received.

Thanks in advance.

Melanie

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Firstly - Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Secondly - I suggest you do a bit of searching around on the forum with regards to training providers. There are some real con-artists out there (not saying that all are!).

A good place to start would probably be to read this thread - http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread30813.html

Nice to have you on-board. If you have any specific questions then please ask.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA