Hello and Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by rico2005, Jan 6, 2005.

1. rico2005

rico2005 Bit Poster

Hi,

Firstly I'd just like to say that this looks like a great forum - everyone seems very supportive and keen to help. I found it while searching the internet for information about the various I.T. certificates available.

I currently work in I.T. At the moment I’m a software support analyst – basically resolving issues with bug ridden software! Previous to that I was a PC support engineer dealing with hardware and software issues along with a bit of network related work too, so I have a fair amount of experience. However, my aim is to broaden my horizons somewhat and get some certificates which might help me get into more network configuration/admin type jobs (and more money!)

Although I have some experience in the world of I.T. I have no official certificates to show for it. So I thought I would start at the very start and work on the A+. This way I can get myself back into the way of studying and hopefully I *should* know a fair bit of the coursework so it won’t be so much of a shock to the system! My aim is to sit the exam early March then move straight onto the Network +. After this I’m hoping to work towards getting a MCSE qualification. So I have my work cut out for me but, one step at a time! :biggrin

I see that quite a few people on this forum have followed a similar path to end up with their MCSE. Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions on this are welcome!

Anyway, I have my Mike Meyers A+ book – I’m ploughing my way through the section on RAM a the moment so still a lot to get through – I’m sure I’ll be asking some questions soon on the A+ forum but hope to be able to offer some nuggets of wisdom from time to time as well.

Cheers!

Richard

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Hi there, welcome to Certforums :!:

Good luck with the certs,and feel free to ask away. [​IMG]

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to the Forums Richard, hope you stick around for a while :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings Richard and welcome to certforums. You have found the right place in cyberspace to give you a hand. Hang up your hat, take your coat off and stay awhile.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Same from me Richard - welcome to CertForums. Sounds like your a man with a plan (and a shed-load of experience) already. Good luck, and all the help you could ask for is here or here abouts :D

btw, we're re-christening the Chatroom around 8-9ish tonight - why not drop in and meet a few of the guys :eek:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

A big CF hello from me too :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum mate.:biggrin

Sorry but I think I have this covered already.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685