Hello and advice about MCSA course with Scheidegger

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Meltin, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Meltin

Meltin Bit Poster

Hello,

I'm looking at training for a new career in IT and am thinking of doing a course with Scheidegger which includes the A+, N+ and MCSA.

I have just read some bad reviews about this company but wanted to know if they are really any worse than any of the others

Thanks

John

Certifications: A+, Network+,MCSA
    WIP: 70-297
  2. DiamondGeezer

DiamondGeezer Bit Poster

Hi and welcome. I've just started the same course and have found the materials to be ok. I do admit though, that after looking around a bit more Scheidegger does seem to be a little bit expensive. Total costs for my course is £2000. Money aside i dont see any problems with any of it yet. The horror stories are probably from a minority of people who have been unfortunate for one reason or another. I will be sticking with them and hopefully sooner rather than later I too can have my list of achievements listed next to my name. You will also find that there is no better place to come for advice than these forums, truly a place of sincerity and help, you even get the odd laugh now and then.

Good luck whatever you decide. Hope to speak to you again.

WIP: mcp/ccna
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Meltin, and welcome to CertForums :D

Have a good look around, especially at the Training & Development Forum to answer your initial questions. And enjoy yourself too !

Point well made, Dave - you generally only ever hear from the people with bad experiences (aka the minority). Few people take the time to say that "A.N.Other" provider was really worth looking at. Such is life. Hopefully, we manage to help out with a few varying opinions here :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Welcome to the forum Meltin.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums John, good to see you here.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi there John and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings Meltin and welcome to Certforums. No advice to give since I have no experience with training providers on your side of the pond, but I'm sure you are in good hands with the others here on the boards. Glad you found the place.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Meltin

Meltin Bit Poster

Thanks for all your advice everybody. I am currently looking into other training bodies at the moment before I jump in. NITLC seems to have very good reviews here and seem to be pretty competitive.

John

Certifications: A+, Network+,MCSA
    WIP: 70-297
  9. smoothgirl

smoothgirl New Member

Hi Meltin

I am doing the NetPro (A+ and N+) with Scheidegger. When I signed up I expected more than I got. From my point of view, the course is too much theory and virtually no practical which surely is the point of these courses. I think my knowledge of computers from work and at home has helped me a great deal. Also I am lucky that I build my own computers so I can relate to that when studying the course. So your own experience is worth considering also.

They seem very distant. Even when you ring them it is virtually impossible to speak to anyone.

Yes, no training provider is perfect. But I would look at all the options before picking one. It looks like a lot of local colleges are doing similar courses for a lot less money.

Luv

Smoothgirl

10. ladlee

ladlee Banned

i dare you to sign up for a course with Scheidegger!!!]then after the cancellation period, when they tell you to start their windows 3.11 work, look on www.ciao.co.uk at the reviews