Hello all.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Modey, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Since it seems customary and also polite, I thought I'd post here and say hello. :)

I have been working in IT for a while now and it's been a hobby since the early 80's and home computers.

Just recently I decided it might be a good idea to add some certifcations to the old CV to go along with the experience and academic qualifications I have. I'm also hoping I will be able to earn more money once I have a few under my belt. :)

I decided to start off with something fairly straight forward and am studying for the CompTIA A+. I have passed the hardware exam and have the software exam in the next couple of weeks.

I have suprised myself actually, as I was never one for home study as there always seems somthing better and more fun to do, but I have managed to crack on with it and am quite enjoying it.

Once I have A+ sorted, I reckon I will do N+, then go for an MCSA. That's my current plan anyway, things may change. :)

Anyway, I hope you are all studying hard, and good luck to anyonw who's about to take an exam! :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Hi Modey, welcome to CF. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the studies. :D Good luck with the software, and congrats on the pass. 8)

Certifications: CCNA
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings modey and welcome to CertForums. Glad you found the place. Let us know if we can lend you a hand with your studies. I'm pleased to hear that you are working in IT. Many of the folks here are still looking for that first job. I'm sure your experience will prove helpful to many of the others here. Cheers. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forum Neighbour :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone. I'll do my best to help out if I can.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum mate.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF. :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Nice to have you aboard, Modey - enjoy :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity