Hello all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Elcs, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Elcs

Elcs New Member

Hello all,

My name is Neil. I am a young man, currently unemployed, living in the Newcastle upon Tyne area of England. A Geordie born a bred, previous NUFC Season Ticket holder before my unemployed status and all-round nice guy.

Previous experience as an Administrator and more recently a Sales Coordinator in the Financial Services Industry. Of course, the market is so fudged up right now that getting back in there is unlikely.

Since I was young I have always had a love for IT. My Spectrum, Amiga 500+, Amiga 1200.... all the way up to PC's for which i have hand-picked components and built the machines myself unassisted since 2002. School rather put me off the idea of IT with lack of teachers and poor teachers.

Now that the recession is biting hard, I have decided to turn my hand back to IT. I have got the two MS Press books for MCDST and currently reading through them. I am going to apply to do my ECDL, not necessarily for the IT career but many admin jobs have it as a desirable or required now so it can give me a boost.

I do not have any job experience of being a a Support person but I do have the telephone experience speaking to average joe client to professional people (Solicitors etc). My IT skills in the office lead me to design and develop most of the documentation at my last job (Word, Excel etc.), my proficiency at the software they used was called into action on an almost daily basis so I felt that the MCDST was the natural starting place for me building up to an IT career.

Hopefully that gives you a bit of an overview about me and the path I am starting on. I am about half way through section 1 of the 70-271 book and finding it quite easy going and I am enjoying it.

Thanks if you took the time to read. I am not good at intro's.

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCDST 270-71, ECDL
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi Neil, Welcome to Cert Forums. Good luck with your MCDST studies, that's a great place to start. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

welcome to CF

5. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

I have to say that yours is one of the most informative and comprehensive intro's ive read for a while!

Welcome to CF and good luck with your studies. Also, good to have another NUFC fan on here!

Dave

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Welcome to the Forums!:D

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)