Hello all!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by SimonK, May 19, 2009.

1. SimonK

SimonK New Member

Hi, at a bit of crossroads, looking at doing a new qualification and came across this website while doing some research. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've been looking at gaining some sort of network qualification (and hopefully getting a career off the back of it!).

I'm currently working for an audio visual company, from which I have gained some experience in programing (have got only a very basic IT qualification but have always worked well with computers) and CAT5 installation.
    I'm also qualified and have worked as an electrician where I have also had a bit of experience installing CAT5.

I realise all this may be irrelavent so any advice on where I should start would be good!

Many thanks - Simon

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Simon and welcome to CF:), judging from your post and your basic understanding of computer with a keen interest in networks you'd be better off studying for the Comptia's N+ cert.

You might also want to start looking for a IT support entry role in network support with a possibility of training. Obviously, with the current state of the worldwide market and economy things are tough, however with a keen dedication and hardwork you'd be surprise what doors can open. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Hello & Welcome to the Forum, Simon.:D

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  6. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

Welcome & enjoy.

Certifications: Bsc Net/Sys Support, HND Tech Support
    WIP: Network+