Health

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by westernkings, Jan 6, 2009.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Well, I went to the doctors at half 8 last night, told her all about the problem.

She checked my heart with a stethoscope and said it all sounded fine, she then arranged for various blood tests on Wednesday next week and for me to come back when the results are in.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You don't mention it, but I assume that your blood pressure was OK. That's one of the things I would have first been concerned about. Glad to hear your heart sounds good.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Didn't have my blood pressure taken, I'll ask when I go get my blood taken. probably should of said something about that, but I was rushing.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

If I was you cut out fruit juice and change that for fruit - bad for insulin levels etc. To much sugar. However it is different if you actually eat fruice. Drink water instead or herbal teas e.g. Green tea/Rooibos.

Pick a sport to work on wether its climbing, judo, badminton, kayaking, windsurfing or yoga and do this at least once or twice a week.

Join the gym and start weight lifting and mix this in with CV (i prefer to run outside of the gym with MP3 Player) Do at least 3 20 mins sessions a week of CV (e.g. out of breath for 20 mins running).

Work on your diet to include at least 5 portions of organic fruit/veg a day. Cut out crisps, sweets, caffine.

A day eating could be something like:

1) Porridge, glass of water and a banna
    2) Piece of fruit and glass of water
    3) Snack throughout day on dried fruit like prunes/apricots/seeds/nuts - no salt added
    4) For lunch something like a sandwich with spinach/cucumber/tomatoe/cheese/pasta salad (wholemeal pasta)
    5) Piece of fruit and glass of water
    6) Jacket potatoe with cottage cheese and salad + olive oil
    7) Before bed a glass of milk and piece of fruit

- Throughout the day i supplement with whey protein (which is a small high protein content part of milk/cheese) + creatine and other supplements

A good omega acid capsule a day/multi vit & mineral/glucosamine may help towards your goal or any desficancies in yor diet - though supplements should not count towards your 5 a day etc.

If your weight lifting you may want to include whey protein/creatine in your diet.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.