Have to retake test 70-306

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by joji, Nov 5, 2007.

1. joji

joji New Member

Hi all,

I am a first timer to certification. I tried giving 70-306 test, but could not get through. :( I brought practise test paper of measureup, which was not that useful. :oops: Also did go through a book before taking the practice test. I need to retake the test in less than 30 days. What would be the best way to prepare myself for the test. Please advice which practise tests to do?

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Professional exams can not be passed properly by going thru a book and taking practice exams.

The best way to study and pass a professional exam would be to use:

1. Some form of CBT, like learnkey
    2. Use 2 different books - don't just reply on one.
    3. Use practice exams, measure up are ok, Preplogic are good and Transcender are excellent, however just doing the practice exams over and over will not help you when it comes to the exam. You should do the practice exams 2-3 times and go over what you failed on, otherwise you'll just be going over the same questions over and over again and getting an inflated score (not a realistic one).
    4. Actually get real experience on all the objectives of the exam. I'm not saying that you do not have experience of SQL server but take for example this: I recently failed my Exchange exam, I now realise that while I have alot of the objectives under my belt (thru theory & experience), there are few that I missed, hence the fail.

I hope that the above helps, but also added to the fact that you now know what to expect (as you've now sat the exam), you should be more prepared for the re-sit.

BTW, why do you have to sit the exam within the next 30 days?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I think you also need to give yourself a lot of time preparing for and taking exams. At the end of the day price of exams are not cheap.

Also do you have any practical hands on experience with product? You might also want to utilize Microsoft's technet on the likely issues with product, white papers and likely resolution fixes etc. The advise given by Ken was spot on too and best wishes with your next attempt.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. joji

joji New Member

Thanks u Ken for the prompt reply. Also thank u onoski.
    I have to retake the test in 30 days because money back guarantee for measureup test paper is 60days. It would have been better if I had brought Transcender rather than measureup.
    Can u pls give details, I don't know what is CBT and learnkey
    1. Some form of CBT, like learnkey

I have some some pratical hand on experience with the product.