Has anyone played Fable III?

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by GiddyG, Oct 24, 2011.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I ask because I bought it from Amazon the other day. I'd seen a trailer and it looked a little bit like Oblivion or Guild Wars. There seemed to be a fair amount of fighting and a lot of questing.

What I hadn't counted on was the marriage, relationship, etc elements of it, and the expressions your character needs to make to be able to interact with characters in the game. :blink

Generally, although I was a tad taken back at first, I actually quite like the questing and, to be honest, the running around off the beaten track trying to find chests and other stuff. :)

I just wondered what anyone who has played it thought of it.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Fable 3 wasn't as good, I thought, as 1 and 2 - so I was a bit disappointed. However it was still playable.

This is one of the few game series that I actually play on my Xbox instead of the PC.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

It is pretty glitchy. Married someone from the Dweller Camp last night, set the wedding for Brightwell (trying to get the Henry VIII achievement) and married her there... but she didn't appear!

Also, since becoming king, most of the NPCs I can find are soldiers.

4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I wasn't impressed with it to be honest. I played it until completion of the storyline, then never touched it again.

I found that the gameplay was alright, but the story was rubbish. And those time jumps when you were crowned made it nigh on impossible to correctly prepare for the end.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present