has anyone passed security+

Discussion in 'Security+' started by acepal, Nov 23, 2005.

1. acepal

acepal Bit Poster

using Mcgraw-Hill Education all in one guide.so many books i want to spend wisely

Certifications: A+,NETWORK+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I'm currently reading this book. Not to take the exam, but for knowledge.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

The two reviews in your link Geek, are quite negative. Have you found the book to be useful and accurate so far?

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

It looks like, based on those two reviews, that Sybex really dropped the ball on this one. That's pretty surprising. I've used Sybex books all the way through my certs and have been really satisfied with them. I expected something like, it's not in-depth enough or something like that, not that they missed covering entire concepts. That's a major gaffe.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Aye, the two reviews were negative.......when compaired to taking the exam. I have no idea what objectives are on the exam therefore I don't know if this book does or does not cover them all. From a personal standpoint, I found the book easy to understand and useful. As for accuracy, I've found a couple of things that made me think that it would be quicker and easier to do it this way rather than the book way.

All in all for my purposes I've found it to be a good book.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks!

To be honest, I don't think there is a single book that covers every topic an exam can question you on. You need more than one resource to study from.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. mufftak

mufftak Nibble Poster

Certifications: ITIL 2011,MCSA 2008,MCSA 2003,CEH,Security+,A+,Net+,i-Net+,270,290,291,648,646
  8. Tcat

Tcat Bit Poster

The free Security+ guide at Certiguide does miss one port for (if I remember correctly) LDAP, which you may be asked about. I got it in the test sim, but didn't change the book since that costs hundreds of dollars for a PDF change. HTH - Tcat

Certifications: Cannot count.
    WIP: Creating new ETA-I certs.