Happy Friday!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Leehaa, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Your stag night??!?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i forgot to say why it would be a quiet one.

spose i best explain what happened, last june i tore the cartilage and damaged my medial laterial ligament, anterior cruciate ligament and a blood vessel in my right knee playing football.

however things just seem to get worse. when i finally got back into running in september i damaged one of the metatarsals in my left foot so i couldnt run for 4 weeks and now yesterday. for the past 2 months ive been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week and i gained alot of my fitness back where i was running 9mins 20s for 2km and then got back into a gentle 5 a side 2 weeks ago. last night i played again and after 15 mins i blocked a shot which caused me to land my right foot awkwardly and the knee went again. so i'm sat here with the leg up and a bag of ice trying to get the swelling down. yay christmas :(

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Chicken Tikka Vindaloo with Pilau rice 2 chappatis and possibly some chana chat and Bombay aloo, or maybe a couple of onion bhajis.

I hate cooking at the weekends when I don't have to work so I will get enough so I have some for saturday nigh too :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'm also hooked. Do you have the Immortal Throne expansion? If not, get it... it adds SO much to the game, in my opinion. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

In an hour or so having a meal with some (ex)collegues. Tomorrow walking with the dogs a few hours, study a bit Japanese and preparing the Xmas presents for a collegue. Sunday probably not so much to do so relax and maybe do some climbing (artificial wall). On monday I don't know. Not to work, that's for sure (I work 40 hours, but during 4 days).
    Tuesday, starting to drag myself through the last week before Xmas holydays.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

This weekend, I am working from home...which I dont mind...its an extra £120 :biggrin

Tonight i will be ordering some curry (who else said curry? lol), then watching the long awaited new episode of Smallville, then playing some Juiced 2 on the gaming PC and perhaps watch a movie...hmmm Lion, Witch and Wardrobe...tempting...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Wow! heard so much bout this game so did some digging and finally ordered it for under £7.00 plus free delivery. So my free Christmas days would not be wasted. Well so I hope or would come looking for BM and nugget:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you loved Diablo and Diablo II, after you start playing TQ, you'll likely forget who Nugg and I are. :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I sure would if its worth the cut:) LOL

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  10. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Probably going to clean the junk yard that is my flat tonight. Got a works night out, followed by going out to some pubs and clubs with mates, tomorrow and then I'm off down to London on Sunday with my work.. :blink

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  11. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

well i just finished my last assesment today so im all beer from now! :biggrin xmas here i come! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  12. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Tonight, I've now been forced into wrapping presents for everyone. God i hate this!!!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  13. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Started 2 of the 3 PC jobs I have this weekend. I can only take these at weekends now, for insurance reasons, so I get pretty busy if there are a few on the go ...

1st - Simply creating backup OS disks on brand new Laptop with Vista, as owner is concerned no recovery disks supplied (done and tested already)

2nd - Repair a million broken drivers and security software on a great spec Compaq desktop. Quick look shows that a backup of key data will be easy, so planning to suggest a backup, then restore to factory, then reinstall apps + broadband. Customer should buy this ....

3rd - Fix me mate's Dad's machine that "has suddenly picked up some viruses from somewhere" ..... oooh my, think this one could be embarassing ..... :tongue

Oooh, and 4th, stick a CD-RW in another mate's PC, FOC, as he's hoping to fix an annoying squeak in my car

I love it :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Not yet mate. I only picked it up at the library and started playing it 2 days ago, but I'm hooked. :twisted:

The good news for the weekend is that I got my Backup Exec/Exchange 2007 problems sorted out.:biggrin

Happy weekend for me I think.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  15. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Well seeing as i joined this one a bit late and its now saturday i guess it will have to be Happy Saturday :biggrin

So i have an interesting weekend ahead of me, today last bits of shopping before xmas to finish off then a nice stroll in the park with my wife and girls. Tonight i am out on the beer 8) xmas drinks with work mates, gonna be a heavy session into the early hours :alc:sick

Sunday i will be suffering :( but i have a big football game to watch and will feel much better after united bring back 3 points from Anfailed :biggrin. Sunday evening my wife will be going into hospital to start the induction of her pregnancy, so an intersting day or 2 awaits.

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  16. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

So if your mate doesn't fix the squeak, you're going to take back the CD-RW? :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  17. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Working today (network rebuild!) but out on Sunday for a few drinks with the wife and some of our mates. Taking Monday off work as I have done 10000000000000000 extra hours this week. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  18. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Squeak located, whacked and removed. Worth every bit of the work ( "...oooh, see while you're here, you couldn't .....") I did for him !!! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity