Happy Birthday BosonMichael!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Mr.Cheeks, Nov 8, 2008.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

When I've tried to get rid of caffeine, I usually don't have bad withdrawals... a little headache, usually, but that's about it. Still, I loves the caffeine.

I once extracted caffeine from tea leaves in Organic Chemistry lab. Then, disaster: I spilled the extract in my lab drawer. The extract dried, leaving the fine, white powder (from heaven, I tell ya!). For the remainder of the year, every time I opened my lab drawer, it took every bit of common sense and willpower to keep me from licking that lab drawer clean. Only thing that prevented me from doing it was the possibility of all the other chemicals that might have been spilled in there in previous semesters!

You look fine to me, Arro. :)

I've done 5Ks, and there are no 10Ks around here. Besides, I've done 17 miles before, so worst case, I could do the half-marathon (same day as the marathon), then go after the whole ball of wax.

One of our editors is a marathon runner and Ironman participant. She's been giving me some good tips. :)

I'm probably much like him (though I'm not very grouchy - opinionated and stubborn, but not grouchy). 4-5 hours of sleep is pretty much perfect unless I've been pulling a bunch of all-nighters.

That book isn't available in the US from Amazon - only through used booksellers. Will add it to the wish list and keep my eyes open. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

In my opinion a lot has to do with your genes as well. I'm almost 50 now, 1.96 meters tall and just 75 Kg. I can eat what I want without gaining weight. I smoke (sigars) and drink beer (not excessively) and still can do a pull-up on a ridge just 6 mm wide (I am a rockclimber) or hang on just the two first digits of my middlefingers.

What I want to say is: If you feel good, you probably are good.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP