Halfway There, 70-271 is done!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by malik06, Jan 31, 2008.

1. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

I sat this morning. I passed with a score of 833. I rule! :D

Now I am officially on the Microsoft certification track!

It was a lovely sitting. I had the room to myself again. Some muppet was supposed to take an exam the same time I did, but he never came in. I guess he had something more important to do. But who cares anyway? I passed!

The Transcenders were brilliant preparation. There's a reason they're so highly recommended.

Certifications: Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  2. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Nice...
    Congrats :clap

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

Ya, ill be doing this on Monday hopefully, i passed the 70-272 yesterday with 890 and it was not hard at all. The Questions are easier than the Test Questions in Prepration Softwares imo

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

Congrats:biggrin:D:)

I've just passed both this week they are incredibly similar. if you're coming up to 70-272 just make sure you have familiarised urself with the office suite toolbars and options menus :p

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

Thanks everybody.

Lev: Thanks for the tip!

Asanthadenz: I hope I find 272 that easy too. I'm trying to bag that one in just 2 months. I'm a little behind schedule, so I'm trying to catch up. I'm supposed to have both of these certs by the end of March, based on the track laid down by my supervisor at work. And I'm supposed to get a hefty raise then as well, and I don't want to jeopardise it by missing my deadline!

Certifications: Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  10. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

Ya, only thing you have to watch out is for those tricky questions in 272, you don't notice them until you go through the entire paper again and spot the mistake..

e.g
    Sometimes they ask you "Choose the wrong answer from the list" and you assume they asking you to choose the right answer.. Very very tricky!

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  11. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

There is some crossiver between the two yes, but not just the menus and options in office. I have found that people sometimes get caught out with the 272 as they assume it's gonna be real easy. Just make sure you have covered all the objectives and you'll be fine.

Not having a pop btw Lev, I teach the MCDST at a local college and just want people to be wary and not underestimate the 272. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada