had a good month at work

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by aushus, Jun 26, 2013.

1. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

Hi guys

I wanna state that I had a good month at work.

I was voted as employee of the month because of the client work I did and also for my customers service.

But I hate working here cause my colleuge quit so I have to do his work.

Which means ill work 50 plus hours.

What should I do I being here 8 months and alot of ppl here are resigning cause they hate management.

2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

best thing is to keep your head down and carry on doing the best you can, but if your not happy then look for something else without letting anyone you work with know that your looking.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Sounds like you're speaking from experience there :biggrin

4. Mr_Cellophane

Mr_Cellophane Nibble Poster

Doing 2 people's work is fairly normal. Do you get OT for the extra hours ?

I'd see what happens come appraisal time.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDST, MCNE, PRINCE 2 and ITIL
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  5. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Shock, another thread by you moaning about your job and the fact you have to work hard!

I really don't think your cut out for IT, wherever you go you are going to have most if not all of the same issues you keep moaning about. You need to either get over it and get on with your work, or quit and find a different career choice altogether!

A career in IT is not a holiday, and you've been told the same things time and time again every time you moan, so why are you asking the same questions yet again? Seriously!!!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  6. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I've worked crappy hours for worse money in my time in IT, getting up at god awful a clock in the morning to drive 200 miles to Manchester to plug in a patch cable. Arrived in Liverpool once at 6pm to replace a switch that was miss diagnosed as failed then had to drive back to be in London for 9 the following morning. All while earning a lot less than you are now.

If you don't like your job, change it. Stop whining and complaining about how hard you've got it, you are the only one who can change your situation.

Oh, and take a serious look at how you treat the people in your life. Describing your girlfriend as dumber than you on an internet forum is not cool.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  7. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Rather than this get a bit silly.

If you don't have anything nice to add to the thread then please don't bother posting on it.

8. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Please, if you want to reply, lets keep it social and polite. The OP has asked for advice and help. Do not drag this thread into a slanging match, if you do then the mods will start using the infraction system.

CF is one big IT happy family, please keep it like that and play nicely.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong