Greetings from the Channel Islands

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Jim_In_IT, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Jim_In_IT

Jim_In_IT New Member

Hi Guys

As my username suggests, my name is Jim and I work in IT.

For my sins I’ve worked in the industry for over 10 years now since leaving collage. Give or take a few months, since around 2000 or so. Mainly in the area of desktop support. Apart from on the job training, I’m ashamed to admit having only taken two Microsoft courses. Basic Administration of Microsoft Windows 2000 (Microsoft Training Course: 2028 and Course 2072A: Administering a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database.

Like many others, I’ve been meaning to get some courses under my belt now for far too long so now is the time to get my rear in gear and do it. Considering going to the MCITP as it seems the most approriate for me to develop my career.

Oh, and I live on the channel island of Guernsey where there are approx. 65,000 people. Contrary to popular belief, whilst one of our main industries is finance, we are not all rich tax exiles (including me). :biggrin

2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Just to add, 65000 people on an island that's something like 30 square miles is good going. I went back there a couple of years ago and was really disappointed in how much had changed (I was born there and lived in St Peter Port until I was 8) but it's still a lovely place to visit (as is Herm :D)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  5. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! Also live in the Channel Isles in Jersey

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+