GPO Start menu setting

Discussion in 'Software' started by philbenson, Feb 2, 2009.

1. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Hello... I have removed quite a few items from the start menu in Windows XP as part of a students group policy, but the start menu itself is still the same height as it was fully populated. This is leaving a lot of it just blank.

I've seen some PCs where the start menu itself looks flattened. Anyone tell me how this is done?

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

If I recall correctly then you can't. The size of the icons governs the height (which you can change).

Correct me if I'm wrong though :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

It seems to have done what I wanted by enabling the setting in GP to removed recently used items list in the Start menu. I guess that stops XP making room for these in the Start Menu.

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)