Got the book

Discussion in 'A+' started by diiypopin, Apr 27, 2004.

1. diiypopin

diiypopin New Member

Got the book(meyers arrived this morning),but I really would have liked a tutor lead course.
    I'm Graham by the way , been reading the forums and have now decided to have a go at the A+.
    Unfortunately Cambridgeshire appears to be an A+ wasteland so its down to self motivation and this forum.

WIP: A+/N+
  2. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Afraid i dont know of any A+ vendors in your area, but if you have and old / spare PC to play with, a good book and some time for study, you can pass the course and learn alot from home study.

It can be done!

Good luck mate :)

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

To be honest for the A+ a tutor led course is probably a waste of money for this certification. As long as you read a good book which you have bought (From what I've heard, I personally used Sybex A+ deluxe) and make notes and more importantly if you don't know something then practice doing it if you can on your PC. Also take your time and try not to rush into doing the exams till you feel confident.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Some good advice there from slypie, making your own notes is crucial and it also gives you another study aid to work from....

:)

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  5. diiypopin

diiypopin New Member

Yep got an old p.c to play with and I can make time. Theres a long weekend coming up so I will make start. I think I will aim to do an hour a day and the exam by late summer.
    Cheers

WIP: A+/N+
  6. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

IMHO

A+ is all about knowing settings and IRQ stuff a tutor can't help you with that it is just sit down and do the grunt work :oops:

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Graham (and welcome)

Agreed with all of the above. You certainly have got a good book in the Meyers A+ guide. If you're quite happy learning the figures and digging around your old PC, then you shouldn't have too many probs with the exam.

Look around elsewhere on our Boards, and read others' opinions of it - they are mostly of the opinion that it is a cert that will stand you in good stead wherever you progress your IT development.

Good luck with it - just my 2€'s worth there :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity