Got Fired Today- Is there a Way back?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by NT Executive, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

In some working environments such as the trades or in the armed forces, it is common for workers to trade these kind of insults, especially with someone new. When they see someone can take it with a pinch of salt and give as good as they get then they know they can trust them and work with them. Its better not to take things too personally.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  2. NT Executive

NT Executive Bit Poster

I didnt like what he said, but its all good man, its just internet talk, im cool with it.

Infact, he is a little correct in what he said about handing failures and things like that.

Listen, Like I said before, nobody blames me, more than me, iv'e been outside twice since this happened, i'm not exactly happy with myself. I dont handle failure to well, mainly because i expect to win all the time, but hey these things happen.

Im thinking of my options at the moment, and brushing up on some skills looks to be at the top of list, not sure if that means quali's yet but who knows.

3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

There are so many people going for the same jobs at the moment that you can't really afford to take the risk, although your username does provide a bit of anonymity.
    Recruiters use a variety of means to assess candidates, employers are even more picky. Best not to leave yourself open to forum based insult trading whichever pseudonym you post under.
    Just my tuppence.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Ok guys, lets keep this civil from now on. Personal attacks are not allowed on this forum and infractions will be issued for anyone that ignores that fact.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Haze

Haze Nibble Poster

Well this thread has taken a disappointing turn since I last checked it.

I had a few other things to offer the OP but I think that would be redundant at this point -instead I'll just point out to anyone who thinks otherwise that Certforums extends beyond you and your PC. I had a chat with my boss recently and noticed he was browsing these very pages. Anything you post here is extremely visible to the industry. Food for thought.

Certifications: MCSA (Windows 7), MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Windows 7), MCTS: Windows 7 & Office 2010 Deployment, Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence, Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles, Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT Professionals
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  6. jake77

jake77 Bit Poster

Just tell any future employer or potential employer, that the work enviroment just wasn't suited to you, and that you left on good terms. Don't badmouth the company or employees, or anything like that or you'll just sound like a knob.

Certifications: 50m swimming certificate
    WIP: No cert, I'm an apprentice.
  7. NT Executive

NT Executive Bit Poster

Thanks for everyone's advice, EVERYONES.

No of course Im not going to bad mouth the company in an interview, like I said before, though I think it was a stitch up of epic proporitions, I am as much to blame for this if not far more than them.

What Simon D said was correct, bottom line is, you need to be whiter than white on probabtion period, and I wasnt, case closed, my fault.

To be honest, there are a few more things that have I have remembered from my time in that workplace and looking back they were trying to make some form of case against me or look for holes from about 3-4 weeks back and I should have seen the signs then to be honest. In all honesty I didnt really like working for this company anyway, thats not to say its a bad company, it just didnt work for me, i'm sure they are a good company and it will work out for the next replacement that joins them.

Having this happen near Xmas, is not nice for anyone, i wouldnt wish it on any of you to be honest, So I will be a little aggitated and irritated and I hope you all understand that.

Anyways, hope you lot all have a happy xmas and all that, if you see me on the streets busking for change, i know I can rely on you lot to stick a pound coin in my cap.

JonnyMX likes this.
  8. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Anything you post anywhere on the internet can potentially be read by a boss/employer. Increasingly Google can uncover ever more detailed information about anyone - the search algorithms and their reach just gets better and better all the time. Many employers prohibit any chatting whatsoever about your work online, irrespective of the content of that chat. Also 'friending' of certain people could land you in trouble, eg a teacher and a pupil, or social/care worker and a client.

People regularly lose their jobs due to such online activity, even when it is quite innocent.

In other words treat ANYTHING you say online as if its public.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  9. Fixxxer80

Fixxxer80 Bit Poster

Sorry to hear your news, but i can honestly tell you, others have gone through the same.

Just remember everything happens for a reason. I remember leaving a job in which i was moving higher up in a short time, but it was a small company, so i moved to a lesser role but in a bigger company thinking it could help me long term. Problem was 3 months later that bigger company downsized and i was let go, however if that didnt happen i wouldnt have got the job i have now.

Just stay positive, can i suggest if you havent already put yourself out there on linked in, it can help.

Certifications: MCSE: Productivity, MCSA: O365, MCSA: Win Svr 2012/2008/2003, MCITP Exchange 2007
    WIP: MCSA: Cloud Platform, MCSE: Cloud Platform & Infrastructre
  10. kevndcks

kevndcks Bit Poster

On your CV and in interviews, you can share something along the lines of "during the probation period, I felt that I did not bode well within the technical environment, as I like to be a team member involved in all team discussions and technical projects, and generall work and bond with my team. This was not the situation and both me and my previous employer felt it would be worthwhile to adjust in an new and different environment that would fully cultivate myself and allow me to migrate fully with a new team environment and prosper".

Look at some footballers, the start off at a premier league club as a student, then they go to a lower league as a professional before bouncing back to a big team when they are older, having established themselves.

I am sure you will do the same, as you are dwelling on this currently so your response will be to bounce back and establish yourself.

11. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

I wouldn't worry about it at all to be honest.

Would your life be "Easier" if you didn't have this situation - certainly. But it's only as big a fuss as the attention you grant it.

You got a job in a company where you didn't get on and you left, the specificity of how you exactly left may or (probably won't) come up in the haunting manner you expect.

Easy to say not being there but I have seen people beat worse odds time and time again. Stick with it.

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  12. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

I went through the same thing as well but the company got rid of me through redundancy when I knew that simply I didn't get on with the manager and didn't fit in. It was a long time ago and my 2nd job in IT. Whilst it nearly destroyed my career I look back on it now and it really taught me a lot of lessons especially how to stick up for myself in a professional manner and how not to run an IT section. I defiantly think I've come away from that job a much better IT professional. Personally I would worry too much but agree don't bad mouth them and just say that the job wasn't for you. The other way around it is claim on the dole for a month and then the last P45 won't be from them and just say you went travelling.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician | PRINCE2 Foundation | VCP5
    WIP: Having a rest :-)