Got an interview!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Qs, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Of course employers don't like people leaving, some have worked hard to keep you.. some have put up with your crap for an eternity. but.. people come, people go.. some stick around a while. When people leave it dumps a huge load on the people left, yeah *your work mates*. However, people have to do what seems right for them, just don't forget the past, when you move into the future. Don't burn bridges, one day you might want to cross one.

Qs, when i was your age, i was ambitious like you, i did well whilst working for others. The only advice i can give you is.. lemme see, how would Zeb put it...... don't be an arse. :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Noted. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations, Well deserved.

On a side note, just goes to show everyone you should be honest on your CV and in interviews.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ahhh, I see. Sounds about right then.

Congrats again on the job mate. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Qs

He wishes me the best but is sad to see me go. I think the biggest shock is that he wasn't expecting it. I did my interviews and tests in holiday time so it was a bit of a surprise.

Still, onward and upward eh? :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Yep. If he was that concerned about losing you he would have tried to persaude you to stay !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. Qs

He (nor his boss) didn't, as they can see that the new role is far better than what I'm currently doing for career progression.

No buy back offers would have worked anyway, as it's exposure and experience I'm gunning for, and not (so much) cold hard cash.

Qs

8. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Yeah, thats good they recognise that its a better opportunity. I'm sure they don't want people working for them who don't try to better themselves as it shows a lack of ambition on their part.

You on 4 weeks notice? i'm in my last week :)

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  9. Qs

Yep - three weeks on friday will be my last day. It's a strange combination of excitement, nerves and the fear of the unknown.

Qs