GOOD LUCK GAVIN

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Sandy, Oct 16, 2003.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Theories
    Nitlc are a rip off.

CompTIA have converted from US price (everythings cheaper in the US as us Brits know)

Nitlc can't add up.

CompTIA can't add up.

Nitlc told you the cost of a different exam.

I give up :blink

2. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

question

Have the diagrams improved?

3. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

The CompTIA site is less VAT

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Yeah, but 46% less ??? Thats before CompTIA start offering any discounts as well. ?!?

To quote their website: "No-one should expect to pay more than £100 for this exam". I smell something more ....

I didn't find the diagrams too bad actually - I guess the 5-year-old is at Art Class now :P

Sandy, did you take the exam before or after the Revision of it ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Yeah...it's called "a rip off". If your school is charging 46% more than CompTIA to take the Network+ exam through them, I'd like to know what they're providing for the extra money?

There's a testing center at the school (actual physical university...not online courses) I went to. You could take any technical certification you could imagine there and you could get the discount vouchers from the office down the hall. No muss, no fuss...perfect for a student who didn't want to drive all over town to an outside vendor. The testing center functioned as the over all tester for the school of applied technology (so anyone needed to qualify in English or Math proficiency could test there) plus a Prometric Center.

Even though I'm a temp tech at the City of Nampa, I'm really a Manpower Professional (technical temp agency) employee and get paid by them. As their employee, I get a number of benefits including using them as a testing center. They function as, among other things, a licensed VUE Testing Center. They also have free eLearning that can be downloaded onto your computer if you're studying for a certification.

I don't know how any of this translates to the UK, but it's kind of a nice deal if you can find it.

Certifications: A+ and Network+