Goals in 2k8

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by MrNerdy, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

This!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEzFqPXcqdI

To be honest, this is what gets me through all the BS every f**king day! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Erm no, rented property.

I haven't booked the A+ exam yet, just going to take my time.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I thought you said in one of your posts your were already in rented accomadation?:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Sweet!:biggrin I think prefer the Reverie Lotus Exige model The only problem is being 6 foot 3 it's a real bugger to get in and out of the car.

How many versions are there of the lotus?

5. Sparky

Good

Good idea 8)

Are you having a laugh mate? :biggrin

Nice one mate 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  6. Sparky

I’m 6ft but getting into the Lotus is no problem as long as you are slim. I have the original mk2 Elise but I really want one of the latest Exige models as it has a surpercharger, must be fast as f**k!

Like I said before, it is a great motivation to drive one of those cars after a hard day working in IT! :biggrin

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

I have just found a link for the various models:-

Elises uk

Sparky - do you mean the s2?

My mates has Standard Elise S2 the odd thing was he orginally was going to buy the VX220 but decided in the end to go for the lotus? But besides the name and shape aren't they the same car (Elise s2):blink

8. Sparky

Yeah, I have the R2.

The VX sucks, its a vauxhall, ewww! :biggrin

9. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

Career Goals
    Pass The MCDST
    Pass the Network+
    Find a job that I may actually enjoy and not make me feel like I'm about to 'do' a michael Douglas in Falling Down every day :biggrin

Non-Career
    Learn to drive
    Stop smoking (everything)
    Stay fit
    Move out

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Sparky,

Setting up a ltd company in non IT field.

I'm not going to make IT the be all and end all of my life 8)

11. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I just watched something on TV the other day about a company in the US that leases a race track a few days a month and gives people the opportunity to drive a Mercedes, an Aston Martin, a Lamborgini, a Ferrari, and a Porsche all in the same day.

They put the customers through a 4 hour training process and then have them follow a professional driver around the race track for a few laps. The pro will keep on driving faster every lap right up to limits of each car if the amateur can keep up. Otherwise he drives at the same speed as the amateur so they will be able to find the right lines around the track.

At the end of the show they interviewed a bunch of the people who have bought time in the cars and each of them said it was something they'll remember for the rest of their lives.

It sounds like a pretty cool deal. It was never brought up how much it costs so it must be one of those things that is spendy enough that if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  12. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Wizard, setting up a Ltd company? Thats just so random in your situation mate, what area are you looking to go into?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  13. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well I said earlier in this post I would wait until Dec...so here goes:

I dont really have any goals set for 2008...I think its a case of just see what happens and take each day as it comes...I have my 3 computers at present...just a server and a test machine to go along with 2 more 22" Samsung monitors for my main machine...so this will happen over the next few months...

I dont have debts to pay so thats a huge weight off my mind...:biggrin

Certs wise...well I do have the A+, I was thinking of doing the Network+ but this has been scrapped and I think I will be saving up to do the CCNA or CCNE...dont ask me when that will be but I know it wont be next year...so still a long way off...but with the amount of experience I have so far...I dont think I have much to worry about :biggrin especially since the job I am in right now is really good both financially and work wise.

Altho the only thing I will be looking forward to is buying my parts for my Spider platform PC from AMD and ATI...thats more towards the end of the year...and I have my eyes set on the AMD 790FX motherboard chipset, ATI 3870 graphics card (4 of these to make up CrossfireX :biggrin) and the monster AMD Phenom quad-cores (the 9900 is the daddy and is not released until 2008 anyway :biggrin)

So there u have it...no major goals...just going to get bits and pieces here and there but I will be saving up to go on holiday (first one in 7yrs!!) with my 2 sisters (oh what joy lol)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  14. Sparky

Ahh, I see. Im confused though, I didnt think you had a job in IT yet? :blink

15. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

IT

Finish MCSA, more networking jobs - which I am beginning to LOVE!!

Personal

Continue to eat healthy, up fitness levels with more running training / marathons etc, but try not to loose weight from it.

Beat up the next bouncer who asks me for ID!!!

Have friends, family over more often, and enjoy my new home (which, fingers crossed nothing goes wrong in our chain, we should hopefully have in Feb!!)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  16. sk0rpiu5

sk0rpiu5 New Member

70-224: My last exam in my MCSE 2k
    70-292 & 70-296: Upgrade to MCSE2k3

I know I've left it all to the last minute as the exams cease in March, so I've got to pull my finger out and get my quals sorted!

I also want to look into padding out my CV with some other qualifications, possibly a CCNA; although my job doesn't involve a great deal of comms management I think it would be well worth having it on the CV for future reference.

I am also thinking about doing an IT related degree - I don't want to find myself in a position where I'm "pipped at the post" because i don't have one!

Personal

Lose some weight - I'm weighing in at 16 stone + at the mo and I've got no excuses for it other than comfortable living :P
    Move out of London and into the open space - although that might have to wait a little while longer
    Maybe have a kid too....if we can pay off some wedding debt :P

Certifications: MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  17. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

the VX220 Turbo aint that bad, when I get enough money and get a job in order I ether want another 3 series beemer or the new 123 deisel coupe.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  18. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

My goal is to still be alive by 2009!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  19. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Not yet I don't but once I do, that is not the only thing I'll be doing at the same time.

I'm not just going to rely on a single income stream coming in anymore.

20. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

2007 was a fun year. I got a hell of a lot done, and it was tough at times - but fun. With the way 2007 managed to pan out, if I play it right, 2008 will be 'the Year of Arro' - if I can focus to play my trumpet enough :rolleyes: :twisted:

2008 - the Year of the Hippie

In no particular order...

• Cycle Lands End to John O'Groats (August)
    • Complete the Graces, and possibly approach a publishing house once it's been tidied up
    • Improve language fluency - I have my eyes on improving my German and possibly having a bash at Polish
    • CCNA (by October at the latest)
    • Not get sacked (all year)
    • After LEJoG, keep fitness up for next big charity project (top secret)
    • Move out of parents house, by any means necessary! (July(ish))
    • Get out of DEBT!! Hurrah! (July!!)
    • Have first holiday abroad :sunny
    • Keep off the booze (8 weeks without alcohol - you heard it here first!)
    • If CCNA before LEJoG, then push for MCDST (or similar if I get Vista experience) before end of the year
    • Keep cultivating my baby business concerns :)
    • Get my website projects higher than 8mm off the ground
    • Not die
    • Convince Martin it'd be a great idea to marry me
    • Not sing the Spiderpig song once

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA