Goals in 2k7

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Mr.Cheeks, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

Upgrade exams 70-292/296 and A+ by the end of the year 2007 hopefully. busy year then !

WIP: Exchange
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

9 month review...

Unfortuantely, not much to note... things has been going down hill for me, in life and work... I will take the 272 exam end at some point next month... hopefully, the last review should be a lot more better...

How about you lot?

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

My goals are as follows probaly only a couple this year but more 2008:

Finish my debt payments (hopefully done by end of March)
    Pass the A+ exams if I dont do them this year
    Get an IT job, hopefully in the capacity of installations and support with some networking
    Pass the N+
    Loose 2 - 4 inches of my waist without forgoing the 1 - 2 curries I eat every week
    Start Swimming again on a regular basis.
    Stop the smoking
    Try not to drink a crate of stella every weekend.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

My Goals are:

1) Finish this semester of school with good grades

2) Start moving up in the job. (Have a great opportunity now, since we just hired another IT employee)

3) Obtain MCSA by summer 2008. (I wont attempt untill I have the necessary experience.)

Outside of work and school:

1) Stay in great shape

3) Keep going to the gym

4) Enjoying life.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. ajs1976

ajs1976 Byte Poster

I'm coming into this discussion a little late.

1. Pass 2-4 exams this year (3 down so far, looking at the next in late november)
    2. get the network at work cleaned up before tax season.

A goal for 2008 was going to be to start working towards a BSc, but I started that this fall.

Certifications: MCSE, CCEA, Sec+, L+, N+
    WIP: 2008, CAG, or CCENT (not sure)
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well, since I've already sold BrainBeacon, I guess I need to get some goals in...

1) Start writing on my next book
    2) Pass 70-298, 70-284, or 70-285

That should keep me busy. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Everything is on hold for me until the 4th quarter of 2008, due to my impending bankruptcy. So I'll be laying out my goal soon for 2009 :D

As promised here are my goals so far for 2009, I have just discovered the concept of mind mapping, here is the image:

[​IMG]

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Update

After finding it hard to motivate myself for the A+, I sat down and decided that I was just wasting valuable time. Started studying hard for it, managed to pass A+ Essentials with 835/900 and A+ IT Technician with 870/900. Started studying for Network+ and am still doing so, and still aim to pass before the years out. MCP will most likely be early next year.

In personal life, I managed to pay off my car early in the year, and go to Rome, Paris, Kavos and Kusadasi. Another of my interests is seeing the world, so roll on 2008 for big plans.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Also a late starter in this thread.
    My goals for the last quarter are:

Passing exam 70-236 (exchange server 2007, scheduled for 8 October)
    Passing exam 70-620 (Vista, planned first week of November)

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  10. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Oopps see this was post last year!

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  11. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Yes, and updated every three months.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  12. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Apologies for digging up this old thread but I’m just wondering how many people achieved their goals this year? Its great to have a plan for the year ahead but often things fade away after a few months.

Overall a good year for me. Disappointed not to have the MCSE out of the way but I thought it would be a push to get it all done before the end of the year. I aim to get it nailed in January. Work is ok and I have a definite plan on what I want to do next year but the flat is still a disaster zone! :biggrin

Anyone else?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  13. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Good idea, but quite depressing! :(

:)

I was aiming for A+, N+ as a minimum, and an MCP as the ideal. Well, I managed the A+, and then lost motivation after getting out of the habbit of studying. I guess my job had alot to do with it, been a very busy year. Leading on from that, my other aims were to get decent experience under my belt, and obtain a better salary. I have managed to do both of these in the same job I started in, I have alot of freedom due to it being such a small company which is great for my progression.

Overall, Im happy with the year work wize, but obviously a little disappointed on what I now feel was lost time on the certification front. Still, theres always next year :biggrin

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  14. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Well, my goals for 2006 was to get a new job and pass the A+: got the job at least!
    Goals for 2007, I think we A+ and N+: passed the A+ but got the 70-271 instead.

Definitely better than last year, so I sort of passed some goals!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  15. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

There's a separate thread for your 2008 goals here:

http://certforums.com/forums/thread19715.html

I was going over my goals for 2007 in this thread and just thought I'd respond to them now that 2007 is almost over:
    Hiring freeze and subsequent layoffs took care of this. Currently working another "temp-to-hire" job at iAnywhere. Here we go again.
    Finished SharePoint 2007: The Definitive Guide.
    Still a novice in JavaScript but I've done reasonably well in HTML and CSS. I really need to get back to that to hone my skills and expand to the Python language, but it's all a matter of finding the time.
    Doing better on this front for the most part. The sleep apnea machine works and I'm losing weight. I'll periodically try a night's sleep without the machine to see if I still need it. Probably need to be at or below a critical weight for this to work.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  16. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Passed 271 and 272, passed N+ and finished my college course. :)

Then decided to take a nice looooooooooooooong break (bad idea!!) and didn't get my MSCA. Trying to get back motivated is the hardest part! :(

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix