Goals in 2k7

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Mr.Cheeks, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

IT:
    Try and get as close as possible to the MCSE, if all goes to plan in 2007 then I might need one more MCP going into 2008 to get the MCSE.

Document future installs and devise some better procedures for taking on new clients. Introduce new SLAs.

Personal:
    Decorate the flat (said that this time last year!)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Whereabouts are you based? He lives in Melbourne (St. Kilda - Chopper country!) but the wedding is on hamilton Island - which should be reasonably near you!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I'm in QLD - Gold Coast, which is about an hours drive south of Brisbane.

The Gold Coast is worth a visit if you can fit it in. The Aussies flock here from Melbourne in the summer to get a feel for what summer should be like. Melbourne is more like Croydon, bloody chilly place :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I don't do New Years resolutions but I do have goals.

Get a permanent job at Micron Technology.

Learn more about web development (I'm just scratching the surface).

Complete the book I'm working on (hush hush for now).

Try to figure out how to get more sleep. :tongue

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

GOALS FOR 2007:-

CERTIFICATION:-

Comptia A+
    MCDST

finish course in Flash MX2004

Work:-
    Permanent Contract
    Complete the training course in Help desk and Networks

Life:-
    Recover from leg injury
    Enter Swim mathons
    Keep up the fitness thing
    Go see my friend over in OZ
    Attend more beer festivals!
    Finish off my back-packing travels around europe.:biggrin
    and my quest to sample all the beers ever made:twisted: :biggrin :morebeer

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  6. tuvanit

tuvanit Nibble Poster

My GOAL in 2007:

- Review all exams I took, esp Lab
    - Prepare for 70-291
    - Improve communication skills ^^, esp English :D

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA 2003
  7. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

My cert goals in 2007 are:

Pass 272 to get myself MCDST!
    Pass 271
    Pass N+ (Just need the cash to book the exam)
    Finish my college course and have more time for studying certs
    Then hopefully obtain the MCSA

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  8. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Almost three months and passed, and having my quartly review slightly early.

I have completed A+ (2003 objectives). Decided not to go with N+ and chose mcdst instead, as it was more work related.

I have a lovely job at the moment, and am enjoying it, my line manager told me that it shouldn't be a porblem if they were to pay for the exams for mcdst or atleast contribute. was going to book my first exam 70-272 for end of april, but found out that they will be stopping funding for ITIL in a few months. now mcdst is resting away, and now im studying for ITIL, which is a bore (at least i fall asleep easier now).

work has been good, i have progressed reasonably well, almost hitting my targets (have to hit 90% for the month, im at 88%). my line manager, said she will try and help my achiveve my goals, where possible, which will be ITIL, and mcdst for this year (3 exams in total).

So as you know there has been a slight change, so how has it been for you?

9. Sparky

3 month review:

Cert wise everything is going to plan, 70-282 is in the bank and I have almost finished the MS Press book for 70-293. Still some more work to do before even thinking about the exam though.

Work has taken a sudden downturn which surprises me. I am getting worked into the ground and also getting dragged into situations that I shouldn’t have anything to do with. For example I have to explain to an existing client this week why their 2k > 2k3 domain migration was a complete balls up. I wasn’t even involved with the project but it’s me that has to deal with the cr@p and this isn’t the first time either.

On the plus side I’ve managed to secure a couple of new clients this year and got some good feedback from existing clients so all the support contracts have been renewed. This means I can pay the bills, yay!

*Might* start looking for a new job this year which I wasn’t expecting but will wait to see how things go over the next few months 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Three Month Review:

A hiring freeze at Micron took care of my first goal so I'm pretty "freelance" at the moment and looking for work.

The free time gives me more hours per day to devote to the book I'm writing but a recent cold knocked out my brain cells for the past several days. I think they're starting to come back to I may be able to start writing again tomorrow.

Redouble my efforts in the area of web applications starting with JavaScript and working my way up from there.

I have a couple of "ideas" that haven't made it to the "goals" stage yet so depending on a variety of circumstances, this may not be the end of my list.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I may have already said this, I have tons of ideas floating around in my head at the moment, only 1 is really IT related. Unfortunately all the others will take money to implement, which is in very short supply at the moment, unless I win the jackpot on the lottery :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Progress towards my 2k3 MCSE is going to plan, everything on schedule so far
    my NACE course starts next week, but the majority of that will likely be the latter part of the year

I haven't started diving again yet, but I have started to do my place up and bought a car! (now i just need to learn to drive it haha)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  13. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

My aims for the year was to pass A+, N+ and an MCP. Also to continue progression in my salery and experience in my current role.

At the moment im still stuck on A+ Essentials, finding it harder and harder to find the time and get the motiviation to do it, exam booked for 5th May which I thought would help motivate me, its not going as planned but I can turn it around so will need to sort my head out.

On the job front, It couldnt be going better. I've had a raise of 2K since January and have been promised funding for any route which I go, which at the moment looks like A+ Self Study, then Network Course + Exam, followed by individual MCSA courses (4x 5 Day courses) plus the exams.

My aim's for this year have not changed, but the way in which I was planning to acheive them have. Roll on 6th Month review!

:)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  14. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Yay!

1) learning a fair bit

2) passed 70-270

personal:

1) been a size 10 for a few months now - whoopeeee - yay! :biggrin

2) upped it to at least a 25 min run every other eve and a 4 mile run every weekend...(also, just got a polar heart rate monitor from Ebay, so kinda on way)

3) maybe done a little DIY :oops:

4) yup - we managing that

5)...

...looking good already! 8)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  15. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

6 month Review... Like mentioned i had decided to do the ITIL, infact proper revision did not start until around a month ago... Good news is that i have passed ITIL Foundation...

Work is as always, variable, depending on types of users i have for it to be a good or not so good day, but overall, still am pleased with the role.

Now for me to tackle, 70-272 and then 70-271...

How has it been for you

16. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

As you know a couple of months back I decided to take a break from chasing an IT career and go into proofreading instead.

Well as usual my plans go down to the toilet. Everything is currently on hold whilst I sort my finances out, once that happens It'll be full steam ahead again.

I'm planning on going out a lot more and enjoy the fresh air.

I am making plans to spend a weekend down in cornwall and take a break from the madness of the world around me.

I'm also planning to visit a lot of places in the UK I haven't been to yet.

Eventually even take a trip to Ireland. :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  17. Sparky

In regard to certs everything is going to plan and I have set myself the target of passing the MCSE before the end of the year. It might happen, it might not, but I feel that it helps to set a timescale when studying for certs. If not I would still be revising for the A+.

Work is going well (I think!) and I am now purely dealing with installations and upgrades to existing networks. I have 4 SBS installs lined up over the next few months each of them resulting in a support contract which is good for business.

Still shelling out loads of cash for the mortgage each month but I reckon I at least own one of the windows in the flat now! :biggrin

18. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

So far:

In IT achieved MCTS & MCITP status, still waiting to get another person in my dept and achieved IC3 Authorised Instructure Status - instead of MCT.

Out of IT, waiting to get a higher wage, wife is pregnant (5 1/2 months now) and got my Wii.

Not bad and not even half way thru the year :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  19. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The business is more-or-less sold and I'm working for the new buyer ... so I guess the business is "off the ground" and "profitable"... so I'm done for the year, folks. On to 2008!!!!! 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  20. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

I want my A+ nailed this year, shooting for late November for both exams.

This time next year I want to be MCP and maybe MCDST.

Should perk the old CV up a bit 8) :p

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA