Goals for 2014

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Nov 3, 2013.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I believe I was trying to answer that question in this thread, but that's only the beginning. Of course, I'm interested in learning the skill set, not so much earning any sort of certification.

Actually my number one professional goal for this year (not having achieved it last year), is to find a Knowledge Base or Document Management product that will meet the requirements I laid out in that LinkedIn group (I don't know if anyone can see that without being logged in...probably now).

I'm considering MindTouch but I looked at their product before and I'm not convinced they're right for my needs at work. I'll have to ping the sales guy this week to talk it over (and I'm not really keen on sales guys).

If I can achieve those two goals, I'll be happy.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I have not seen a post for this yet, so I thought I would do the honours... :D

It is a new year – typically a time of setting goals for many areas of life personal and professional. What goals have you set yourself for the next 365 days (certification or other)? As for my goals, they are as follows:

Certs: ITIL (a necessary evil...), CCNA (mostly ready, but Cisco put the new exams in place while I was revising so I thought I would wait) and MCSA Server.

Academia: Complete my Diploma of Higher Education in Computing and IT and forge on to the BSc.

Personal: Change job and postcode

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
    Mahdy likes this.
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Modest ones for me this year as work has me being busy busy busy, looking to upgrade my CCEE to a CCP and then to CCE, then also looking to get a VCP-DT as well.

Personal ones maybe get a bit lighter, have loads of quality time with the family buy a Jag XF :)

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. Mahdy

Mahdy New Member

I guess i will work to finish the CCNP , then CCNA security hopefully if more time is available i will post the rest of my goals :D

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Seeing as my goals for 2013 were an almost total washout its time to try again for 2014!

Certification: LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 as well as a proper attempt at the MCSA: Server 2012. All in an effort to ensure I can deal with whatever gets thrown at me server side.

Personal: Change job and move house. Rebuild lab server, rebuild and make better use of my personal website, get back in to the hobbies I've left behind and generally do more than just sit on my arse every evening watching telly.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

LOL, there was one already. I've merged both and left a redirect for a day :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

I will be finishing up my thoroughly useful philosophy and history degree this year, so not getting a humiliating grade on my final philosophy course is about the limit of my expectations until the summer. After that I really need to sort out this empty hole in my CV where an MCSE ought to be.

Maybe I will also write my First Great Novel, or draw my First Stupid Comic, whichever seems more fun at the time.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
  8. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

WRITE THE NOVEL!!!! \o/

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  9. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

Deal. I make it a point of principle to just do whatever women tell me to. Except the one time when a girl thought I was wearing a rubbish suit, she said I should try saying "I am a tiger" in front of a mirror when trying out replacements. That, it turns out, is my line in the sand.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
    Arroryn likes this.
  10. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Not too much pressure this year so I'm just going to quietly learn some firewalls.
    Might do the CCNA Security and CCDA though...

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless