Glasgow bombing

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Raffaz, Jun 30, 2007.

1. feely

feely Bit Poster

It's cool...I mean, i'm new here, no one knows me...and typing on a messageboard doesnt really get across how a person is actually feeling...that comes with getting to know how they write I guess....so no worries at all 8)

Certifications: HND Elect & Electronic Engineering
    WIP: A+, Network+ & BSc in Physics
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

No worries mate and no hard feelings - like you said the forum is open to debate and it's nice to talk about other things besides IT!:biggrin

I wasn't haven't a dig at you, but do feel this country is too soft on crime and surprised that we don't have bill boards up at the boarders inviting people to come into Britain to commit a crime "we will even give you rights, a bed to sleep on, pocket money and a play station to use in her majesty accommodation
    8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. feely

feely Bit Poster

No worries...I didn't think you were having a dig at all :)

Certifications: HND Elect & Electronic Engineering
    WIP: A+, Network+ & BSc in Physics
  4. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Suicide bombers.

Theory of Evolution.

Haha, haha, haha.

Nobs. 8)

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Thanks for containing that one, Trip. Easy for tensions to rise quickly in situations such as this - a steady hand was definitely needed there.

Reality check - no one killed this weekend, and injuries largely confined to the perpetrators themselves.

Chill to us all :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. ay5000

ay5000 Bit Poster

With the perpetrators caught there should be public questioning and answering so we can hear why exactly these guys did what they did -- so many unanswered questions. Without knowing what precisely is motivating them how can we ever begin to properly start dealing with the causes of this extremism?

And this is coming from a practising Muslim himself (me!)

The scare tactics deployed in the media are working very well, it is in fact Muslims who are most frightened and do not know what to expect next. The sad part is any act like this carried out is automatically put on the shoulders of all Muslims, which is ridiculous and this mentality must be challenged.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+, ACDT & ACPT
  8. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

There is an interesting article on The Register suggesting that the alleged perps seems to have been supremely incompetent, and questioning the hysteria in the press.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+