Getting sick

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Apr 17, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

LOL I wouldn't let her anywhere near me.

I get scared to talk to her cos I alway want to call her ronald plus I can't stop laughing when I see her. It would make my day if she came into work in a clown suit.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Chin up mate :)

Your advice was always sound when I was more active on here, don't let others bother you. It's easier for them to slate a bad post than to give rep for, or create, a good one.

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  3. greenbrucelee

Cheers Dave hows the studies going?

4. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Ugh, not great to be honest. I've spent all my 'reading time' reading novels instead of my A+. I've had trouble motivating myself to carry on with it because I didn't feel I was learning much from it and so I don't find it very interesting.

I want to really move onto MCP though so once my current novel is out of the way I'm going to hammer through what's left and get it out of the way.

I see you finally got round to sitting your exams - and passed - congrats!

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  5. greenbrucelee

I took them both on the same day the 602 was easy imo I aced it but found the 601 hard I only just passed there were lotsof ambiguous questions in it which threw me off.

If your finding hard going try a chapter per night or whatever you can manage. Good luck with it :)

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No, dude... Ronald McDonald's daughter is HOT: link :ohmy

[​IMG]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. greenbrucelee

Well if you at about 250 pounds to that girl, perm her hair, add some freckles then you might get her resembling the woman I work with. BTW she is quite hot :p

8. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I don't care Michael... hot or not, she picks her nose!!! :eek: Yueerrkkk!!!!

9. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

GBL I just wanted to say I'm sure most folks don't care what your post count is or what point in your IT career you are at. The whole point of the forum is giving advice, which is what you do. As I said in another post I think some threads have gotten a little heated around here lately, and some of us are guilty of getting annoyed and joining in including me :oops: I for one have decided to steer clear of the threads that annoy me, but the point to take from this I think is that most folks around here think your a good guy.:biggrin

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
    WIP: CCNA
  10. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

GBL,

I don't know how to say this other than say it so I will, I think you're feeling a little sorry for yourself.

You're getting a little flack for your posting habits? LOL. So? Take a look at how much flack I take for mine! I've been castigated by about everyone here at one time or another.... Should I be starting threads and say I'm being picked on?

This forum is actually pretty mellow compared to some other forums I've been around. It's pretty much live and let live. Yeah, we all get under someone's skin at some point. That's just human nature so it's a fact of life.

The reason some people never post is because they're afraid they will get flamed. You post a lot, and I mean a lot. You're as "mouthy" as BM. He's always "talking" here too. That once in a great while you get under someone's skin shouldn't be a surprise. What should be a surprise is that it's only as rarely as it is. That just means you're pretty much a good guy.

My wife is about as inoffensive person as you could ever hope to meet, yet even she gets under some people's skin at times. It really bothers her when someone gets mad at her over nothing, and she goes out of her way to avoid that type of situation. Yet, sometimes, someone still takes offense at her for something. To me it just proves no one can please all the of the people all of the time. That includes you. So, just let it roll off you like water off a ducks back....

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  11. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Wise words Freddy. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  12. Mr Machfisto

Mr Machfisto Nibble Poster

Hi GBL

I was one of the members who mentioned your postings, I do aplogise and I had sent you a PM to say this. It wasn't meant to offend anyone, my gripe was with members who castigate TP's when they have no prior knowledge of them. I know there are probably 1001 dodgy TP's out there, but if you do the extensive research that I did you should be able to find a decent one. The guys I am with are great and I am really happy with the service I have received :)

Again please accept my apologies.

MrM

13. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Folks DO Care what point in your IT career you are
    for instance, if I had never worked in IT, why would i EVER argue with those who have worked in it for years when discussing IT careers? sure my opinion still counts for something, but I have no basis in fact, because I have never done it

Everything anyone says has an indicitive value associated with its 'trustworthyness' and that value is derived from numerous factors
    in this forum things that count are, community participation, IT experience, reputation and rapore with other members

your WORD is only as good as the value people associate with it, and if it was your first post and you had no job in IT and no certs why would ANYONE associate a high value with your opinions on say, the IT recruitment industry?

GBL has plenty of 'value' in what he posts, however there are plenty of areas where his value is lowered due to lack of experience or certification, big deal! ofcourse you can't expect someone to treat you as an IT Certification authority when in fact, your not! thats not to say your not valued, nor is it to say no body cares what you have to say

Each post carries its own merits, and everything we have to say holds different value to different people

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  14. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

Pheonix I agree totally with you, I just meant people don't just disregard all of GBL's contributions purely on the grounds of his IT experience.

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
    WIP: CCNA
  15. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i skipped a few pages...so who we flaming ? :twisted:

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  16. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Ofcourse not, and that was the point I hope I got across!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  17. GiddyG

Freddy,

I've got a new sig for you... to the beat of the oft repeated Pepsi advert... "LipSmackingThirstQuenching...etc etc..."

"MSSquashingXPSmashingVistaLoathingGatesBashingLinuxLovingFreddy" 8)

Waddya reckon? :D

18. GiddyG

You did...

I might add, the thing I really enjoy about CF is the variance of views... different opinions on OSs, kit, resolution to problems, as well as the differing skill levels of the people. The fact that so many people are willing to try to help is the biggest plus point for CF.

19. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Actually, given the nature of the Internet and discussion forums in general, it's amazing that we get along as well as we do. I've been on more than a few forums where the environment was quite a bit less friendly than CF.

As far as you being a "newbie" GBL, you've posted almost 6000 times. That's hardly "newbie" status as a forum member. As far as "good advice" vs. "bad", nobody is perfect. I've been called on mistakes I've made (not saying anything about you, mate) and had to own up to them. On the other hand, I made my comments in good faith and wasn't trying to steer anyone in the wrong direction deliberately. Sometimes we learn more by taking risks than playing it safe.

I personally think you're an asset to CF and we'd be poorer without you.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  20. greenbrucelee

Thanks people I think I just got a little pissed off with the snidey and sarcastic comments I had over the last few weeks as it seemed to be more than anything usual.