Getting old

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Jun 28, 2008.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Glad this was helpful. If you think this topic is done though, you haven't counted on the thread taking on a life of its own. It think you opened something up that we can all relate to one one level or another.

As far as exchanging one computer game box for another, may I suggest you expand the ways you spend your time when you're alone. While many highly intelligent people seem quite attracted to gaming (I'm not one of them, but maybe that means, I'm not "highly intellegent"), :oops: you might want to think about what else you can do with that time. I can't count the books (technology-related and otherwise) that I'd read if I have the time (I always have 2 or 3 books "going" at once). Try to expand your personal growth activities into areas that you haven't explored before. You might discover some interesting things about yourself and the world around you.

Just a suggestion...

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

There is something worse than dressing like your dad. It's dressing (and acting) like a 20 year old when your in your 40's or even 50's.

I find it quite sad, but each to their own. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

thats true, I know some blokes who are in their late 30s and they still act like teenagers. They wonder why people take the piss and basically treat them as i they have no hope.

There this one guy who drives around the city centre with his 17 year old son playing happy hardcore out of his ****ty little fiesta. Sad bloke.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Mr-Blue-Sky

Mr-Blue-Sky Bit Poster

Couldn't resist responding to your post zxspectrum.

From 30 onwards, I've noticed I have looked backwards alot more than forwards (including dreaming about the old ZX Speccy days as it seems you do).

However, sometimes looking back TOO much isn't such a good thing. I would say practice looking ahead alot more, and really use your past experiences as a guide to making better decisions today (or so I tell myself daily).

Good Luck.

Certifications: BSc Distributed Information Systems
    WIP: MCDST