Getting Cisco training in India.

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by sebastian65654, Jan 5, 2006.

1. sebastian65654

sebastian65654 Bit Poster

I am heading to India to do my Cisco training for CCNA\CCNP. I want know if anyone had experience getting IT training in India. Currently I am looking at the following institutes:

www.gatestraining.com
    www.topguntechnologies.com
    www.ipsol.net

I am looking for some feedback and advice regarding training quality for Cisco with those institutes.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF!

Why are you going to India? :blink

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi, welcome to the forums.. good question why all the way to india? i know its alot cheaper (i think...)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. sebastian65654

I know it sound bizarre!!!!

The only reason I am going all the way to India is because it’s VERY cheap, even if you add airfare and accommodation, its still around 50-60% cheaper compare to UK and US or any part of Europe.
    The fees for CCNA\CCNP courses are around $600-800 USD, try comparing that with some of the institutes in UK and US and you will see there will be a big difference in price.
    I know someone would argue that you get better instructors in UK and US, which I agree with that, but I right now I do not have that extra $$$ to pay. :( I am on small budget and try to get most out of it.

5. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

well, I'd be wary unless I had feedback. There is always a risk of meeting a training company that uses ex students etc as trainers and / or feeds braindumps to students.

It happens here too but I think (perhaps wrongly) it's more prevalent in the Indian Subcontinent / SE Asia, so make sure of what you're getting before you go

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  6. sebastian65654

Yes, very true!! and that's what i am trying to findout, and hope some of the memebers can give me feedback and advice.

7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Sebastian,

Have you asked your chosen companies to speak with current/past students?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  8. sebastian65654

I have not asked them, and I prefer not to, because they could be given me any name and I have no way to verify that such person. Some of them do have testimonial from past student on their website, but you can not judge them by that, beside it’s their website and promoting their service and they will write anything to sell their service.

I prefer to get independent feed backs from forums or students that have studied in such institutes or people that have good knowledge on this matter.

9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

yeah, a fair point... Let us know how you get on :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

As far as I know...none of our members have received IT training in India. Sadly, I have to admit that our site gets a fair amount of spam (usually advertising braindumps) from India. I don't know if you can say this means anything as far as your being trained in that country but it's something to keep in mind. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  11. sebastian65654

Yes I am fully aware of that. I can say that most of braindumps are from India, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
    There are test centers that anything can be done for small fees under the table, you can take books, use mobile phone during exam or you can get someone else to sit for your exam.

There are also places that will do all your exams for you. You can get any certification in matter of days without sitting for a single exam.

I am not looking for somewhere that I can just pass my exam in a few weeks. I want really learn the subject and do hands on as much as possible. CCNA can be easily done self-study without much hands on, but with CCNP you will need to have access to a lab, without a lab it will be hard. I know there are simulators and online rack that you can get, but nothing will be like the real lab with real equipment.

With access to a good lab and instructor I should be able to cover most of the modules.

12. Jonathan

Jonathan Nibble Poster

Hi

Have you read this thread on another forum

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1050038&page=1

You should find it useful

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP BSCI
  13. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

What you have stated above would really put me off the idea but if you do chose to go ahead, please let us know what the experience was really like.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  14. sebastian65654

Thank you, I just read the link you provide me, and it’s been very useful to me. They have some very good feedback and that should help me.

15. sebastian65654

Every testing center is not like this, there are professional education and testing centers as well, just like Europe and US.
    I will be heading there in February and will let you guys know my experience with getting training over there. I just have to find the right place to get my training. :biggrin

16. Liqua

Liqua Bit Poster

I would be interested too in knowing the outcome of the India test centers.

My preferred way of learning is in a class room - at home I find too many distractions (like Battlefield 2! :blink ) to just pick up a book and read. Checked out some of the local learning centers and they are almost double in price.

Certifications: CCNA, SND, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: CISSP
  17. sas007

sas007 New Member

Do not go with Gatestraining. I had a lot of hassle with them. The courses do not start as per the schedule and can be delayed for upto two weeks (This can be a waste of time as you will not have anything to do for the two weeks) The staff seem to be friendly but once they get your money everything changes, but i think that if you are a non indian you get treated differently (better). If you still decide that Gatestraining is for you then only put an initial deposit of Rs100 and not more. Tell them you will pay by installments. NIIT is a much better training provider. Try NIIT Mumbai Bandra, Guruvidya CHS, 2nd Floor, 98-A Hill Road, Bandra (W), Phone 26451126.

Believe me I do not work for Gates or NIIT. I have previously studied at NIIT and are much better.