Genuine exam software or a braindump? How to determine the difference

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by simongrahamuk, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Tell me about it, more than once early on in my career I was not allowed to go on training courses I was booked on because I was the only one in the department that could actually do anything, this happened while other employees happilly went on course after course (at least 6) not bothering to learn anything because they thought it was 'too dull'.

I've also witnessed 'mentors' teach stuff that is 10 years out of date and just plain wrong. One guy wrote his own string class complete with memory leaks instead of the STL string and told his juniors to use it.

Managers that refuse to read their email unless its printed out and have a secretary to respond...

Dilbert really is factual reporting in my experience not satire, the stuff i've seen you really couldn't make up...

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!"

2. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Ah yes managers!

This occurs where an otherwise decent staff member goes on a "leadership" course, including a frontal lobotomy and personality truncation, and also has his nose in the "action" - invariably an existing managers behind :twisted:

They get promoted to management, and everyone else's problems start over again, due to "inside knowledge" of what the company and remaining staff want....

With luck the new manager is promoted sideways after a few years where they can do minimal hard to both the company and the staff...:twisted:

This is known as promoting a manager to his "full level of imcompetence" [snicker]

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  3. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Good mornin folks, just having a read through this thread and I have to say it is an excellent topic of discussion with some really in depth and accurate points. I am struggling my little ass off studying for my A+, CIW foundations and trudging through a degree it IT and I must say that people who blatantly CHEAT make me sick. I am fortunate enough to have a job in IT and I got it through having a genuine passion for this field of work and I have learned what I know through studying and hard work. I just hope that the old saying is put into practice:

"CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER"

C :D

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

An 8 year necropost, outstanding work !