General Tab in the Pinter properties.

Discussion in 'A+' started by co.ador, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Workstations are 'client PCs' :rolleyes:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. co.ador

co.ador Bit Poster

I just want to put this example here to conclude with what we have discuss

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the pictures above we have 8 computer one on top and 7 down. We also have a server with a printer. This means that the printer in connected to server computer will enable all the computers in the network or all the clients computer to print ont hat parallel printer right? also I see some printer in between the computer called network printers? what are the functions of those. They enable all the clients to print through them? there is a netport printer as well and it has a red line which say no no. What it means that the last client won't be able to print on those computers?

3. co.ador

co.ador Bit Poster

General Tab options and info about the

[​IMG]

---So the field where "Epson Stylus XXXX Series" is indicating the name of the printer.

---Location---- from what I have learned here is the physical location of the printer, whether it is in Jim's office, or the Boss office, or Wege's department, Costumer services. Which it means that if a user want to send some invoice for the costumer services department they will be able to do so, just by choosing the printer called Costumer's Services EPSON Stylus etc...

---Comment:---- I am not sure where would a comment appear if indicated or input in this EPSON Stylus XXXX properties general tab option Comment; by the time the user or client chooses this printer. But comment would be a note for clients in the network to maybe read on the use for this printer, or specification that the company want to use this printer for. etc...

----Model---- will show information about the printer, whether the printer is color: yes or no, if it is Double Sided:, Staple? what does the staple option means here? Speed of the printer and Maximun resolution.

----Paper available--- what is this for? I think that would be to know what type of size paper is in the tray?

PRINTING PREFERENCES

[​IMG]

We have the printing references with a layout tab that has Orientation, portrail, landscape etc. Print on Both Side and Page order.

4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Kobem?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

As I understand it, The Available Paper and Model both auto-populate based on the printer. You are correct in that (as far as I'm aware) the Available Paper will auto-populate based on what is in the printer trays.

The Comments section is very much just a free-text field for the company to put whatever they like into it. It could be notes on what people should print from that (eg only official final draft documentation instead of drafts), or advice on what the printer may frequently do without instruction (such as printer 6 copies of each page). It could just be a seasonal greeting. It depends on the person filling it out, the company policy, etc. They may not even use it at all!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Some printing devices have sorters (collators), duplex units (for auto double sided) and *staplers* to um staple pages together :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. co.ador

co.ador Bit Poster

excellent input guys I ahve decided to open a more specific thread that discuss the topics that are going to be solely on the A+. hopefully we can continue the discussion in there. the link is below this message.

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread43345.html