Gaza conflict

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by mickaveli2001, Jan 18, 2009.

1. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

Can anyone describe what this conflict, which has been ongoing a long time is all about breifly? What are your opinions on it, and what will be the outcome?

I can remember reading that there are well over 1000 deaths, and many more injured in the conflict since 26th December last year, and out of that only 17 are Isrealis, and that those 17 are soilders

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

basically Gaza is a strip of land about 25 miles long by 7 miles wide.

Egypt used to own it, then Israel and now Palastine own.

Basically the whole conflict thing is that Israel kicked the Palastinians of their own land and they want it back. But because most of the world sees Palastine as a terrorist state (even though they were democratically sworne in as government) and back Israel then that will be unlikely.

If allowed Isreal could wipe palastine of the face of the earth but that would never be allowed or condoned even by it's supporters.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Can we not do this here? Please? Threads like this do nothing for the community spirit on this board, serve only to inflame passions and inevitably lead to bickering and childishness. It's been proved time and time again on here - please can we just leave this sort of thing alone?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

Thanks for the knowledge. Suprisingly not that big. I was expecting something the size of a large county or something along those lines. So Gaza have been firing rockets into Isreal because they were kicked out of Isreal onto this Gaza land? I have lookedu p about the conflict, mostly just current issues regarding it

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+
  5. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

I would personally suggest not discussing this on a forum designed to discuss IT certification. Even if it is the off topic forum. Perhaps it would be best to research elsewhere where there are experts on the issue and there is less chance of people taking offense and flaming each other over personal views.

I watched question time the other day and that nearly erupted in a riot because of it. People may have very strong opinions and i think there are much better places to take them than here.

(personal opinion though, no offense intended towards anyone)

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I agree, this thread is just begging to be locked if it keeps going on. While much of the world may see the situation as GBL described it, that's not the only perspective and getting into a political and/or religious "spitting match" over this at CF won't come to any good.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Yeh, let's can this one guys.

Enough doom and gloom in the economy and frustrations on studying for us to worry about here.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  8. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

OK guys. It seems that this thread should be put to rest, due to popular demand.

This thread, in the usual manner, will not be locked unless it carries on to the detriment to the normal CF traffic.

Nothing going on here lets move on.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong