GatewayIT

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zom414, May 30, 2006.

1. zom414

zom414 Bit Poster

Hi,

I'm currently doing distance learning A+ & Network+ with GatewayIT in Barnstaple. However, I cannot seem to contact them. The tel nos they have on their site don't receive incomming calls and they haven't returned any emails for a week or so. Has anyone here had any dealings with them lately? Have they gone under? It's bloody annoying cos I'm ready to take my tests and I just need my exam vouchers from them!

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Certifications: A+,N+,70-291,70-290,70-620,CCNA,MCSA
    WIP: Security+, Exchange, Active Dir
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi Zom,

Unfortunately I havent heard of GatewayIT before, so I am unable to help. When was the last time that you were able to get in contact with them? :blink

3. zom414

zom414 Bit Poster

I got an email from them in April so I'm starting to think the worst. BT enquires didn't have anyone listed there so it could be looking bleak. They may just be having problems though so I'll keep trying them.

4. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

If you give the operator the telephone number they should be able to check it for you or run a line check and tell you if it is still in use or disconnected.

Derek

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

If you have the full ltd company name of the place, it may be worth looking them up at Companies House. You may find extra contact details on there that aren't on the main website etc...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. zom414

zom414 Bit Poster

Thanks for all the replies. I had already tried the companies house site but they are not on there. Went back to who I booked the course through and they told me they are in liquidation. Oh well, at least I got all my learning materials before they went under. However, wont get any more tutor support and looks like I have lost out on the exams I was promised so I will probably end up paying for them myself.

7. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Find out who the liquidators are, if you have paid for the exams in advance then they owe you either a refund or the exam vouchers. You can write to the liqudators and request that this is taken into account, the role of the liquidator is to try and retrieve enough money from the companys assets to pay there debts..........and they are in debt to you, you are owed either the vouchers or the money for them, you should have some paperwork showing the money you paid them and what that money included.

Derek

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

If you paid for any of the fees using a credit card then you maybe able to seek recompense from them ... (the CC company I mean)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  9. BobT

BobT Nibble Poster

Hi zom - I'm a newbie here at CF and so have only just seen your post. Sorry to hear about your problems with GatewayIT. I had a very close call with them myself. I have to admit that I was well and truly suckered by their website and copious quantities of bull**it over the phone. Fortunately no money had changed hands. Like you, I was unable to contact them and decided to pay them a visit as they are only 40minutes drive from where I live. Gateway's premises are nothing more than a 'door in a wall', squeezed in between two shops, and there was nobody to speak to. I did speak to a couple of the adjacent businesses who informed me that thay had seen "nobody for weeks". I soon put two and two together. What a waste of time, I'm just glad I hadn't parted with any cash. Their 'quality' accommodation for 'residential' trainees turned out to be a room over a pub, for which trainees were charged £46.00 a night (the actual cost of the accommodation was £23.00 a night to Gateway. I have now signed up with another 'training provider', who shall, for now, remain nameless, but I am less than impressed with my experience so far. I hope you managed to get your studying and exams completed. Regards.

Certifications: Bugger All
    WIP: A+ Network+ Server+ Security+MCDST