Gaming Recommendation Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Sep 9, 2009.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Have you got the addons? Shivering Isle I think its called. I haven't and I'm not sure if you can get it for 360 :x

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I wasn't so keen on the add-ons. Could never get into Bloodmoon.

On an aside, for the fans of the movie 300 and the Elder Scrolls series - does anyone else find the similarities between Vivek and Xerxes a little spooky? :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I've just got sucked back into the world of EVE, I thought I'd escaped but I found some old vids stashed away in a forgotten folder on my HDD and felt compelled to fire it back up.

Its still quite possibly the harshest game I have ever played, death can set you back hard and the learning curve is extreme.

And new characters now get a 100% bonus to training times until they hit 1.6mill skillpoints.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  4. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

For me it's all the parts when you are in zero G or when there is no atmosphere so there is no sound, with nothing but debris and dead bodies floating around. It's all very Event Horizon and teh attention to physics is excellent

(soory JK, that's to you, quoted the wrong reply!)

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Yeah I love those bits. Riddick has some good bits where he's in a suit in space, completed that the other week.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I really like WoW to be honest, a very fun and long game but as long as you don't get addicted it won't harm ya ;)

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Agreed. I stopped playing when I was made redundant and I didn't want to throw £10/month away for a computer game. My 2 chars are sat there waiting for me to come back with 50 mil SP each. I don't think I will be playin again though

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  8. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Dead Space is a brilliant game. Finished it on the hardest difficulty level a few months back. VERY difficult initially at that difficulty, but once you pump up the power on a few basic weapons, it settles down. Very frightening, heart pumping scenarios splattered throughout, lovely.

Bioshock is fabulous as well, gone through that two times as well.

Can't wait for the sequel for both of them (which according to the developers, are on the cards with some videos here and there to boot).

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I remember when getting back into it after my first break from it (my char was born in 2003!)
    people had more SP than me as newbies because they got more starting, when i started we got about 20k worth of SP per char, now its like 200k lol

up to like 20 mil now
    but have not played for a while, i hate the single character limitation, i'm one of those gamers that wants to try everything, thats hard in a RT char progression game like eve, and 3 accounts was costing me a bomb

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  10. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Thats was my problem first time out, I wanted to try a bit of everything so I ended up with a whole load of crap I din't use in my skill list! I'm trying to be more focussed this time, something which is helped by the certification system and the skill training queue that have (at last!) been added.

I can't remember how many SP my char ended up with last time, I finally gave it up when others with more time to play disappeared into 0.0 in their carriers.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have the shivering Isles and Knights of the nine. Don't much like the shivering isles but knights of the nine is ok.

I have the chuck Norris mod which is quite funny, you get a companion which just so happens to be chuck Norris and when you get in a fight he swings into action :D http://www.fileshack.com/search.x?t...+norris&search_for=3&sortby=date&ascdesc=desc

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Sorry to take this in a wild tangent but I have just found out they are doing a modern remake of Carrier Command!

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  13. Len

Len Byte Poster

World of Warcraft :oops:

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  14. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Cool, I hope it doesn't suck :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  15. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Done by the guys who did Operation Flash point and ARMA2 so there is the right kind of experiance there. Check out the screen shots and stuff Here

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  16. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I gave in at a car boot, and bought Morrowind for £3. So there goes another regressive three billion hours of my life :)

Fallout 3 is on my Amazon wish list too, so I'll be grabbing that some time soon.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  17. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I picked up a copy of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for my Nintendo DS today. It's the latest big RPG from Square Enix and weirdly features Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and a bunch of other Disney characters as cameos in it for some reason!

Been DYING to get my hands on it and will get round to it hopefully this week along with polishing off Lifesigns (an awesome DS hospital action/drama/soap game!) and Dragon Quest V (which I've not played since a Jap import of it I had for my Super Famicom years ago!).

Oh and sprinkle all that over with random bouts of Scrabble DS, Tetris DS and Puyo Puyo 7!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  18. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I've recently got back into Oblivion, just playing it a different way than I normally do (fan of Morrowind as well). I can spend days on that game just exploring random caves..
    I've also recently installed Wolfenstein (doesn't seem very long though) and planning to buy the new Batman game in a couple of days (played the demo- liked it)
    I'd give Fallout 3 another vote, I played it on the PS3 a while back, but I've been meaning to buy it for the PC.

19. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Quakelive (free fps game on the PC which is played through browser (don't worry, has fullscreen option :p), pretty much Q3)
    I played Lineage 2 for quite a while, that was fun with a few people. I'll probably be giving Lineage 3 a go when it's released (think it's 2010) but MMO's take up far too much time :/

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
    Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  20. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I need to decide by Oct 2 whether I want to buy Left 4 Dead on Steam for $15... ah, decisions, decisions...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!