Future plans

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zxspectrum, May 22, 2022.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hello everyone

Just wondering if anyone has gone down the pentester route or even had a look at bug bounty programs? My job is ok but I would like to do something else, if I am in the same role in 10 years, I dont think that would be progress for me. I know of a job coming up that is Azure based, so thats one avenue.

But I am thinking the pen testing route or the bug bounty on the side would be better as it something that interests me - I signed up to the tryhackme website as a start off, which I am liking. The other side of things is that I get a lot of gout attacks, so the working from home suits me down to the ground and I get more done.

Just wondering if anyone has done somethinbg similar

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hiya mate. I considered this years ago. The role looks like a lot of fun but the salaries at that time varied. Some paying quite low despite the broad range of skills you’d need.
    Go onto job sites and see how much they’re paying now and what skills they are after mate. There used to be a place used years ago in Manchester. I can’t for the life of me remember what they were called

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Late to the party but here's my two pence.

Look at working for a software services company, they tend to have teams that provide that kind of service (my company has a Red Team, used to try and hack into our own networks, that covers both internal and AWS networks).

Look for a company with a decent and varied Cyber team and have a chat with them about opportunities.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA