Future Cert Plan

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zimbo, Apr 2, 2007.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

With the summer holidays fast approaching and a few days off from uni now i have sat down and thought of my next certs properly and how they can help me in the future - not just cause i want to do them - so for now out goes 70-282 and SBS as well as Wireless#.

So my final two im looking at Security+ and MCSA:M (70-284). Im still not at all keen on the S+ exam tag at well near £150 even with discounts and a book from Syngress im hoping to use is only out in May. So i guess Exchange and 284 will be next up as i feel i need to learn A LOT about this product because it seems its a very demanded skill. Oh and to those who suggested MCSE - I see your point and im seriously considering continuing on after these two certs (or even after 284) to do my full MCSE.

So what you guys think?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Sounds good mate, might be worth considering the 70-293 as well. Very similar to the 70-291.

Just finished the MS Press book and now making a new lab, hope to take the exam soon. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Yes MCSE is now firmly in my mind thanks to you and Phoenix! :biggrin

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Good! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Many places use Exchange, so Exchange admin skills will always be in demand. Getting experience with it is highly recommended.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

George you are the man, i am sure you can achieve anything you want mate 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Thanks pete! If you could please have a look at my thread in the Exchange forum mate.. Thx! :biggrin