Full screen for DOS app in remote desktop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Corsair, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Corsair

Corsair Nibble Poster

I have this old MSDOS program that when I run it locally on my 2003 server I can change the screen size to fullscreen (Alt+Enter).

When I do a remote connection to the server and run the program, if I do Alt+Enter I get this error:

The video device failed to initialize for fullscreen mode.

What can I do to be able to run this program in full mode when using it through a remote connection?

Thanks in advance...

Certifications: MCSA, MCTS, Security+, Network+
    WIP: CCNA
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I dont think there is actually a way to do this. Many people have asked similar questions on the web with no satisfactory response.

There are two ways to do it normally: via Alt+Enter, or by right clicking and going into properties.

I've tried both via RDP, and neither works (for me at least). Alt+Enter will likely be because the command is executing on the local machine, and trying to apply it to the RDP window, which it isnt liking. no idea why the properties isnt working (I even tried creating a cmd shortcut to apply the full screen to).

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present