Full Marks

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Dougie, May 22, 2008.

1. Dougie

Dougie New Member

Hi All, can anyone tell me if they have heard of anyone scoring 1000 out of a 1000 in the CCNA exam? A colleague at work here alledgedly achieved that last week. I'vew never heard of anyone doing that before!!!
    Cheerz

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: JNCIA (hopefully)
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I've never heard of anyone getting a perfect score before, but then again does it really matter after all the score is not recorded on your certificate. A pass is a pass!:biggrin

Then again he could of known what the question where going to be in the test??:dry Maybe he's perfect and knows the subject backwards or maybe he used a Braindump!?! :blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I got full marks on 220-602 exam but the CCNA is a different kettle of fish altogether. Highly improbably he got 1000 without cheating but you never know.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Corsair

Corsair Nibble Poster

I would not say impossible..... I remembered a guy back when I was in high school getting a perfect score on the SAT on the first try..... no cheating.... that was impressive....

anyways... I think the score is only important to yourself, and we shouldn’t make comparisons based on the scores.....

Certifications: MCSA, MCTS, Security+, Network+
    WIP: CCNA
  5. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Yep a Network Infrastructure guy in my last job got 1000 on his CCNA - he proudly announced that T***King was the best revision tool that you could use! Incidently he did the same on his 2000 MCPs...he's a fat w@nker too!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sure, that happens... but most of the time, it's because they cheated by using braindumps to pass the exam. A braindump is a collection of questions from the live exam. Using them to study is no different than stealing a professor's final exam from his or her desk, and Cisco can decertify individuals (for life!) if it has been discovered that they used braindumps to study.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. CheeseOnToast

CheeseOnToast Nibble Poster

So what about people who use the official DVLA brain dump sites for their theory test - should they not be allowed to drive?

It all depends,you have people who study for 6-9 months HARD but use the brain dumps as a revision tool

or people who just memorise the brain dumps

Clearly there is a difference, whether anyone here wants to acknowledge it or not.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation
  8. BosonMichael

If you need to use braindumps to pass, then you're not ready to pass.

That said, it doesn't matter what you or I think of it... the vendors themselves denounce braindumps.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. CheeseOnToast

Is there a "non braindump" version of an exam simulator to use?

10. BosonMichael

Umm... yes. Boson, MeasureUp, PrepLogic, Self Test, Transcender - take your pick!

11. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

The official CCNA books come with a boson test exam.

Ive not got round to installing it yet, but will let you know when i do.

(I usually have at least 2 reads through any section before doing test exams)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  12. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

2 of the guys at my work acheived 100% on their CCNA's

Both are insanely smart guys that know their stuff backwards though.

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
  13. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

most likely smart enough to keep their fricken mouths shut on how they did it!

:p

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  14. BosonMichael

Well... they come with a Boson-branded test exam that was written by Cisco Press authors. Unfortunately, they're not the same level of quality as what we offer in our ExSim Max CCNA product.

15. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

There is no difference at all, they are both cheats. Why would anyone who had studied hard for 6-9 months then need to cheat in order to prepare for an exam? If they did, then they didn't deserve to pass in the first place.

If there is one thing that will get me angry quickly, it's feeble justifications that people try and come out with to justify cheating. I couldn't ever be proud of acheiving something that I had to get by cheating, doesn't matter what it is really ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  16. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Well Said:rocks and good point - "I couldn't ever be proud of acheiving something that I had to get by cheating"8)

Rep left:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  17. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

A perfect score isn’t impossible, it’s just not likely – but that’s the point. If it were easy everyone would be getting a perfect score.

That said, at the end of the day a pass is a pass. Go for the perfect score, but be satisfied with pass achievement.

18. CheeseOnToast

lol, well some people are doing the certs to get a decent job and make a good life for their families

As long as they put the ground work in and get the fundamentals, I couldn't care how they pass

As long as they put the study in and know what they are talking about then I can't really see the problem

19. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I suppose I am repeating myself now, but ... if you need to cheat in order to pass, you don't deserve to pass.

Either that, or I must have missed the bits on Microsoft and Cisco's websites were it says 'As long as you are getting certified to help your career / family, it's ok to cheat'.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  20. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I'm with Modey. I don't think it’s ok to cheat, it’s a bit cliché but the only person you’re cheating is yourself. I feel a sense of achievement every time I pass an exam, I learned the material, spent time studying and cramming and passed properly. I guess it all depends where you stand morally.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation