Free OSI Model Webinar Aug 31st

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by cisco lab rat, Jul 27, 2010.

1. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Greetings Terrans

Tuesday 31st of August one will be steering the starship into orbit around planet Earth to send a free live on-live Spanning-tree webinar, this free webinar is limited to the first 20 registrations.

So until Tuesday 31st August 2010 at 8:00pm sharp. until then watch out for E.T

You can register for the Free CCNA Prep on-line here. The registrations have changed a little; now we have a dedicated webinar site where registrations can be done on the fly, please look down the schedule for the free webinar running on the 31st of August. Cheers

Remember it's free and all are welcome, same rules as before:

You'll need same as before:

1: Headset (No speakers please as the echo and feedback is not good)

2: computer

3: Internet connection

4: a comfy chair and some tea (No biscuits as they make crunchy noises, unless you dip them first).

5: No ringing phones in the background. (My software shows the origin of background noise and I do mute excessive noise and and echoing..sorry)

6: No screaming children or howling animals in the background

7: No Joke telling until the end, I couldn't stop laughing last time

8: No talking over each other

All welcome

Nice

Joe.

Now back to the dark side of the Moon8)

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi Joe, I just signed up for this one, sounds good. :biggrin

Can't promise you no screaming children on #6 though, might have to buy a couple of gags. :twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. cisco lab rat

Ensure that they amuse me ! :x

4. cisco lab rat

Oh, gags!!! As in from Wikipedia

"A gag is usually a device designed to prevent speech, often as a restraint device to stop the subject from calling for help. This is usually done by blocking the mouth, partially or completely, or attempting to prevent the tongue, lips, or jaw from moving in the normal patterns of speech. They are often less effective in reality than in crime fiction. They carry a strong risk of killing the victim by suffocation. The more "effective" a gag appears to be, the more hazardous it is: for example, duct tape is fairly effective but is hazardous if for some reason (e.g., the common cold) the subject cannot breathe freely through the nose"

I thought you meant you would go out and buy a joke for the end of the session, I thought it was strange but having been many times to swiss-land I sort of understood the idea of going to the shop

"I would like to buy ze joke, please ze joke must be 3mins 34secs long, envolve ein barman und a horse und a bar of ze chocolate, 68% of ze recipients of ze joke must chortle, the rest must say "I do not get it"

The Swiss are frankly fricking freaky !! (Or at least 79.54% are)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I don't have to buy any, I've got plenty to go around. Bad ones to be sure but you're sure to laugh because they're so bad.:twisted:

And who are you calling Swiss anyway? I'm off to get the two gags for my kids and a gimp mask for you. [​IMG]

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Thanks for the effort on the webinar Joe. Much appreciated.

Very entertaining and informative. I guess I might need to go back and review my networking knowledge. I think I've forgotten a thing or two as you might have noticed. :dunce

Looking forward to the next ones. :thumbleft

7. StewartC

StewartC Bit Poster

I missed this one :(

But I've enjoyed the two seminars that have been put up for free, looking forward to tomorrow night for the first ccna session

thanks in advance
    Stewart.

Certifications: BSc Hons Computing Science
    WIP: 70-270