Free Online Linux Test

Discussion in 'Linux / Unix Discussion' started by tripwire45, Aug 12, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I was poking around the linux-tutorial site and followed a series of links. I found this test. It has over 800 questions and I don't have the time to take it right now (plus, I no doubt would get creamed). Thought I'd post the link here for those of you who might be interested.

http://aplawrence.com/Tests/Linux/index.html

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Flunking wasn't a descriptive enough word for how I was doing on that test. There's so much just old stuff such as questions about what Redhat 6.1 uses for local mail delivery that it's not funny. That's no excuse though. Many questions rated there as "medium difficulty" were far over my head. You'd need several years experience of administering Linux servers, and only Linux servers, on a daily basis to do well on that test. It requires you to know so many switches it isn't funny, and I'm terrible at memorizing that kind of stuff. When I was a young buck I could do it easily, but not any more. It would take a lot of time before I'd do well on something like that.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1