FREE from M$

Discussion in 'Software' started by AJ, Feb 28, 2005.

1. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Just came across this one today and my boss thinks that it's just the job for those of us with lets say "limited scripting ability"

Microsoft Tweakomatic

The Tweakomatic is a nifty new utility that writes scripts that allow you to retrieve and/or configure Windows and Internet Explorer settings. So what, you might ask. Well, think about it. Because these are WMI scripts, they can be used to configure settings on remote computers. Need to change something on a remote machine? Then haul out the Tweakomatic. And think about this: because the Tweakomatic writes scripts, you could do something like run these scripts as logon or logoff scripts. In other words, you could quickly, easily, and automatically configure settings on any or all the computers in your organization.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Very nice, AJ - will d/load that for a look-see (and isn't it uncanny how their description of it is so similar to your own ??? :wink: )

But I have to say - surely they're ripping the p1$h with that name - "Tweakomatic" ??? :biggrin

EDIT: OK, I take that last bit back, after reading the following from the ReadMe...when did MS get humour ??? :hhhmmm

EDIT II: Man, these guys are hilarious !!!!!:p ....

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

An MS writer with a sense of humor. Sure to get sacked once Redmond discovers him/her. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

I think the scripting section of the MS website is where they send all the people they discover have a sense of humour :) there's a few articles in there that actually dare to make the odd joke

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I've read a lot of what 'The Scripting Guys' write and I must say it is very entertaining. About the only thing from M$ that is.:tune

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well, the actual util itself is really cool, but the download really comes into it's own with the ReadMe file - classic !!! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity